Archive through November 30, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed getting on the posting list. Been way to busy to post. I hate working 10 to 13 hour days, only have a few moments here and there to stop by for a quick browse of the forum.

Kraig

Life is to short to put in those hrs. time can`t be returned for credit.

another note . I`am repairing a 450 snow thrower to install on my 1512 and don`t know where to post the info on the repair.( What section ) I need to get it together , the Cab is all in place and Chains and wheel weight are next to be added . I`am thinking 100 lbs per rear wheel.the 450 is one heavy $%^&&& . so wheight is your friend .

Don, not to worry. The extended hours are temporary. Should even out in the next few months or so. And not every day is that long but the past few weeks leading up to Thanksgiving Day had an excess of them. BTW, good to see you post! I'd put the 450 Snowblower related posts in the CCC and MTD forum area.

Don: Here, maybe?
happy.gif

https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/22744/216391.html

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 102
Thanks Kraig

Well it is 65 deg in my shop and I think it is time to get some work done lol.

Frank

That link won`t let me add anything to so I have to hunt some I guess. I just noticed the roll pin that attaches the impeller on the shaft is missing. I hope I can find another I know the pin looked pretty weak so a bolt would do a bunch of damage if a rock bound things up. Better get it done correctly . More later

The picture with the half-millionth Cub Cadet and the CC Original that Bill James posted was taken at IH's World Headquarters location in the 401 N. Michigan Ave building. If you look at the background outside the windows, you will see the Wrigley Building diagonally across the street and the top of a peer on the south side of Chicago River on the left. IH occupied 10 to 12 floors in the 401 Building for its World HQ organization.

IH/Navistar moved the World HQ Organization out the 401 N. Michigan Building in the later 80's, after the sale of the Ag Line, if I recall correctly and into the NBC building.

Little known triva fact is that the 401 N. Michigan Ave building is located on what was the original site of Cyrus McCormick's first Reaper Works before the Chicago Fire. Not many knew of or realized the historical significance of that fact when IH moved their World HQ's from 180 S. Michigan Ave to the 401 address back in the 60's. In a sense, IH moved back to its roots where Cyrus started the company!

I've often wondered where that 500,000th Cub Cadet is today, if it still exists. Anyone know?

Updike claims to have seen it in a stash of CIH owned "special tractors" somewhere....maybe he'll chime in.

There is a color photo of the 500,000 149 at a farm show in the archives somewhere......Kraig???????

10 years ago:
happy.gif

By David Kirk - For me it's Hydro-Therapy (Dkirk) on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 07:37 pm:

Does anyone know the serial number on that 500,000th Cub Cadet? Does any forum member own it?

Thanks for the shameless plug Bryan.

I don't enjoy cooking...reminds me too much of chemistry lab.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 98

Latest posts

Back