• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 30, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
I made the list, now how many post did we all have?

Charlie Thank You for the Forum it keeps many of us going with yellar and white fever

Charlie - I'm trying my best to get people's responses. Frank C had been somewhat absent but he's coming around. Maybe we'll even get some pics of his 100 point reduction restoration.

There is a message posted by David Wales on Nov. 28, that has not been answered. He asked about filling rear tires with fluid and which of his two tread styles would be better. It's not something I have experience in so I really couldn't respond.

Jeff - do you mean "oldest" when you say latest production? I swear I understood it was earlier than Feb 1974 when the tag location changed. In fact I just checked the Cub Cadet FAQ No.10 (duh
happy.gif
)and it says "Serial No.500718 and above" were placed on the side of the frame, and since 500718 correlates to a Feb 1974 build date I guess we were both wrong. And since we found Thurman has the 1st 169 with S/N 506737 which correlates to a March 1974 build date, and it has a tag on the side of the frame, well that's good enough for me to know that all the 169's will have a S/N tag on the side of the frame.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 101
is that a high or low number of post? that comes out to 55 a day,,, I need to post more
roflol.gif

Harry my one of my 149s is serial Feb74 #500115 and is on the rearend

Not to far from the 500,000 cub made.

bonus question what model was the 500,000 (no prize)

Attachments

• roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 111
Jeff - I edited my post below so you probably should re-read.

And why is there no Bonus Prize for your question? I'm certain I read someplace that S/N 500,000 was a 149 (and it makes sense since they hadn't started building any 169's).

And why are you rolling on the floor and laughing? Those 55 posts a day ain't all yours!
aaaa_tongue2.gif

Attachments

• aaaa_tongue2.gif
    aaaa_tongue2.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 100
where was I wrong
1a_scratchhead.gif

no prize cause I am a cheapskate, ok where did the 149 make its debut,, (Charlie told us one time)

not sure why I was rolling I know they where not all mine but we could have more post, I know you were quite for a while,

this place is great....

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 123
Jeff - you were wrong because you said "Spring" of 74 for the change to side of the frame, and last I checked Feb is winter.
icon_rolleyes.gif
And I was wrong because I thought it was in 1973.

Boy, isn't it great to have this site with all the facts and other information for the Greatest Garden Tractor ever built!!!!!!

Attachments

• icon_rolleyes.gif
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    485 bytes · Views: 112
depends where you live Charlie gets about 8 months of winter.

good thing we have all seasons IH Cub Cadets

500,000 was a 149 and it has a nice looking red and white "seat cover" with a cowboy hat on it!!!!!!

Nice seat cover, I wonder if it has a rearend tag.
300646.jpg

Attachments

• 300646.jpg
    300646.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 300646.jpg
    300646.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 112
It does, nothing on the frame in picture and its before the serial change..

Bill thanks for digging the picture up

I made the list, too. I limped in. Super busy with work and kids. I know, not an excuse. I seem to be in lurker mode soaking up the knowledge.
lurking.gif

Jeff,
You and Harry are neck and neck.
smile.gif

Attachments

• smile.gif
    smile.gif
    215 bytes · Views: 111
  • lurking.gif
    lurking.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 107
Jeff - now what's going on here!!!!!! 1st you said there is No Prize after I said I was certain I read someplace that 500,000 was a 149 (see my post of 5:59pm). Then you go and give a Chicken Dinner to Steve. Am I getting a STEAK DINNER????
guns.gif

Josh - I think I'm gonna have to put a ring around Jeff's. That way he won't be able to swallow any solids, just liquids

Attachments

• guns.gif
    guns.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 107
Harry I wasn't sure if that was your answer, I'll give you a chicken dinner too, which one do you want?

300654.jpg

300655.jpg

Now back to cub talk, wasn't that picture taken at the us automakers show in Chicago at the McCormic place?

Attachments

• 300655.jpg
    300655.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 108
  • 300654.jpg
    300654.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 300655.jpg
    300655.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 105
  • 300654.jpg
    300654.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 114
Pretty sure that was the second International Harvester building on Michigan Ave.

Look at the reflection in the glass at the far right. I see another tractor and it can't be one of those.

Charlie - ref postings.....
I try to keep quiet unless I have something pertinent to say. I seem to remember another forum whose main aim was to see who could post first in the morning and the last at night, once in a while with something to do with a Cub, even... I'm glad this forum is the survivor.
I could tell you guys about the great weather here in Florida, or post another picture of one of the greatest Cub junkyards in these parts (now almost 100% gone)..

wave.gif

Attachments

• wave.gif
    wave.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 110
One shouldn't hold grudges or have enemies, it's bad for your health.
300658.jpg

Attachments

• 300658.jpg
    300658.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 300658.jpg
    300658.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 118
Bill J - that reflection in the glass is the 149. You can tell by the tail light lens and the fenders.

Gerry - you gotta lighten up a little and post more often than just when it's something pertinent. This is an open forum as long as it's IH CC pertinent. Now - how about some pics of that "recycling" yard you mentioned (I don't think junkyard is pertinent), and where do you think it all went?

Jeff - wel gol der, I'm alergic to chicken. That's why I said STEAK dinner. Since you mentioned McCormick Place, I'll have mine at the Chicago Chop House.

Back