• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 30, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ANDREW - I watched your video. If I was you I'd look for a QA-42 or QA-42A blower. Worry about the mower deck later. It takes horse power to move snow, I think Kraig has a 12 HP K301 in his 125 and if you look back to CHARLIE's post on Tuesday 11-23 @ 3:36 PM he has a 14 HP K321 in his 149. I used my 72 to blow snow a couple yrs with a tired K181 in it, the new fresh K241 was much better, but 12 & 14 HP is much better still.

Plus the hydro is the ONLY way to fly when blowing snow. I came within about a DAY of swapping my QA-36 onto my old 129 Hydro CC before I got my big tractors up here to move snow. The extra 2 HP would have been nice but the hydro would have been GREAT. But I would have had to swap the narrow wheels & tires from my 72 onto the 129 to make it all work right.

The weights & chains on your JD should swap right onto your 147 when it's ready.

I have "Cab ENVY" of both Kraig & Charlie, plus a couple others here. I still freeze my backside off moving snow!

Another way to get the moist grass clippings that stick is run over a few pine cones or something equivalent when you have finished mowing. Small sticks will do the same thing. Then when you rinse or scrape there won't be that much to mess with. I have to do the same thing with my shredder when moist leaves clog the screen. Drop in a pine cone or a few small sticks and the screen is ready for more mulching. Mulching when the leaves are a little moist keeps the dust down and doesn't hurt the machine at all.

Just my .02 for the day.

Andrew, my younger brother is the parts manager at a large power equipment dealership he sees lots of broken stuff. He also sees lots of rusty mower deck parts. When he sees the rusty mower deck parts he always asks the owner if he washes the mower, the answer is always proudly stated something like this: "Why yes I do wash it, after every use in fact." I'm not saying one should not remove grass clippings on a frequent basis but using water is not the best way. I clean the grass clippings off of my mower decks after mosts uses but I don't remove the deck from the tractor. I just reach under it with a garden trowel to get the majority of it off. Several times a summer, I remove the deck and do a more through cleaning job, again using the garden trowel as a scraper.

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Andrew D.
Two things.
thumbsup_old.gif

As much as I can see you love your JD, we have an Off Topic section for those, please and thank you.

It wouldn't be much of a comparison between the 2 throwers.
This is my QA36a throwin snow 52 ft. And it will throw it 39 feet straight up.
biggrin.gif

217174.jpg

Thanks Kraig & goodday to all of you... Could smoeone tell me how to get my pics to post.. pics to big KB,s Thanks Jeff U

Paul B., KENtucky Ken used a drill to move his Hough payloader not a Cub Cadet. Same theory though.
happy.gif

217176.jpg

Jeff U., email them to me and I'll resize them and post them for you. My email address is in my profile.

Andrew D, once you get that 147 fixed up you will love it. Then you can sell that greenie and get money to buy more cub stuff.

Latest posts

Back