• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 30, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschutz

displayname
Melody Schutz
Charlie, Did'nt anyone tell you, "if it ain't broke don't touch it". Just kidding, i'm sure you had to do something important.

Sorry Charlie, I did'nt know what you were doing till I got to the bottom of the page. Very Cool! Don T where are you?

Melody S.
I don't know WTH I'm doing so we're good!
clappy.gif

Norm, re: Spirol pins...sponsers got them by the bags full !<font size="-2">(check the 'full color catalog' at CC Specialties)</font>

Paul Van Benschoten ,
You did well..I sold the other in the afternoon.
I prefer to bolt on mine as the qa's seem to need three hands.
Sometime next weekend I will be getting ready for winter.
Lucas Jones,
Bolts are the lazy way.It is more fun to put in the correct part...

Lucas-

I would never use a grade 8 bolt there. I've seen too many rockshafts and driveshaft couplers really messed up by people making that substitution. The spirol pins are springy and will deform with the application of a load and eventually crack and fall apart, with little or no damage to the hole in the parts it keeps aligned. A grade 8 bolt will wallow out the holes in the rockshaft. The people that designed these things didn't just arbitrarily select fasteners.

Lucas ,Lucas, Lucas...

Bolts are the lazy way.It is more fun to put in the correct part...

Had a busy day here doing the yard clean up for winter.I used to curse those spirol pins till I got the right tools to remove them.If you have to remove them pay attention to the direction they were installed. If the center of the pin sticks out then remove by using a pin punch on the other end. There is a good example on the last page. I can see in those pictures how to remove the pins.
I do agree with Mat G on the use of pins,they will not wear or wallow out a hole that they have been installed in by IH . I did get some seat time in today with the 149 hauling some dead branches and leaves. I still have three mower decks and three disk and a blade to store in the am ,but I`am making some head way.No windbreak today,I hope it arrives this week so I can see if I can get it installed. I want to be working on my 61 O restore . I have got some wood 2x4 to make a rotisserie to put the frame and rear end in to paint the Original.I think some of the spare axles and brake parts I have here will help with the uneven weight transfer that the rear end will give me.using wood will allow me to store it between uses and adapt to other tractors. Hope you all had a great day. later Don T
old.gif

Lucas,
Now that would be a nice present.
thumbsup.gif

I have a set of Craftsman and they work well,and were not overly expensive.I got 5 different sizes but the 1/4" one has seen a lot of use but is in good shape still.They also are sized for a 5/16 socket so you can add an extension to them for those hard to reach places.
thumbsup.gif

I took this pic just south of Roachdale, IN. Thought you might enjoy seeing this farmers idea of sharing in the Christmas Season.
217144.jpg

bouncy.gif
Thanks for the picture.
It's nice when people take time for things like that,just for other people to enjoy!
ROD SMITH

LUCAS&LEWIS,
I don't think SEARS offers those long pin punches anymore. I broke one of mine and was told NLA.I bought a set from HARBOR FRIEGHT then I found individual long punches 8' at ORSCHELN FARM&HOME.They were IRWIN or some other name brand maybe HANSEN.Anyway they were a good price and you could buy those you needed.
ROD SMITH

OH LOOK...something new !
Way down on the bottom of the Home Page are two new listings...Manuals...and...Wiring Diagrams. Nothing in them yet, but I suppose Charlie will give further instructions for what goes in there.
Charlie do I get a free sparkplug for noticing that ?
new.gif

Thanks for the info, guys. It sounds like the existing spiral pins won't be too hard to extract. Didn't know they made spiral pins, learn something new everyday.

Charlie -

Thanks for rebooting the Forum!

Harry Bursell out there on the left coast,

Are you getting over the "shakes?"

Back