• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 28, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Larry, in the later version of the Owners Manual for the 1x6/7 series, on page 30 it shows the two locations and mentions that one is for checking the level and one is for adding oil.

Ya, kinda figured it might have something in the manual. I was flipping through that stuff the other day, but just thought about it and since I was posting I would throw it out there.

I like the fact it has a spot to add oil. Putting oil in the 149 takes a steady hand. Or at least one of Charlies little funnels!

Funnels ?
I thought those were Yankee Frost Bite Ear Protectors ...
<font size="-2">Kathy you can take those red things off yer ...</font>

Funnels? I thought they said it's rebel hearing aids?? not for pourin' oil into the cubs..

Chris, take them da_ _ things off'n yer head!

Now.. yes I did say I bought a new Bridgeport!
Slant Tongue.gif

OK guys, I can see where this is going.
err.gif

I did try those "ear muffs" on the oil can and I must say they don't work very good on my Cubs. Now it might work fine on the Vette, but not the little Cubs.
Filling the 73 and spilling.
311303.jpg

I had to go with the funnel.
311304.jpg

So I then thought well maybe it's for those fancy newer Cubs. So I tried it on the 782 and still the same thing.
311305.jpg

Slant Tongue.gif

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the gift from Charlie, but it'll have to be used on the car and truck.
Oh and Charlie this is for you for re-posting that fine picture of me.
aaaa_tongue2.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 140
  • 311303.jpg
    311303.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 311304.jpg
    311304.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 311305.jpg
    311305.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 138
  • aaaa_tongue2.gif
    aaaa_tongue2.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 311303.jpg
    311303.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 311304.jpg
    311304.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 311305.jpg
    311305.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 140
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 141
  • aaaa_tongue2.gif
    aaaa_tongue2.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 132
What are you guys using for lift rod from 782 to a front mounted 42" blade?? Is it just a straight rod or do you have an adjustable one? Did you make a new mount on the blade or were you able to find the correct one for the blade? My blade was mounted on a 100 but when mounted to the 782 the bracket the lift rod goes into on the blade hits the frame of the tractor. So need a bracket on the blade now that will sit out wider so it will not hit the frame when lifted. Was thinking of taking the one that was on it now and have the steel guy make one that was about an inch or so longer??? The lift rod was debating on making one that was adjustable in length??

Any thoughts or input. Or better yet, picture !!

Mike, the blade that was designed for the 82 series had a longer lift bracket, to set out wider for clearance.

311307.jpg

Attachments

• 311307.jpg
    311307.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 311307.jpg
    311307.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 136
Mike, just get a short piece of 3/8" flat the same width as the bracket and long enough to extend the existing bracket out as far as you need go.

Drill 3 holes in it to mount to the 'A' frame and another 3 holes to mount the existing bracket to.

Then bend a lift arm to mate to it.
Put 2" boards under all 4 wheels, set the blade on the floor, make sure the lift arm is all the way forward (down position) and measure between the holes. that will be the length of the arm you need to bend.

Are you guys using solid rolled stock and bending it for the lift rod? How thick you making it - diameter?

The one I have on the 982 with the blower is adjustable at the one end to lengthen or shorten as needed. Kind of neat but I am sure not cheap to make??

Mike P.
Aaron at Xtreme Motorworks has both styles on his website show above,pretty cheap IMHO.
311309.jpg

Attachments

• 311309.jpg
    311309.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 311309.jpg
    311309.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 138
David and Kraig
All of the blade lift brackets I've seen appear to be made from 1/2" thick steel and some of them have unwanted bends. I would go thicker than 3/8".

Mike,

The 782 is different than my 1250.

The 782 rod is 5/8", it might have a bend, I don't remember. The bracket (1) has a slot that functions to allow the blade to float and a bar (8) that attaches to block the slot so that you can get down force when needed.

311312.gif

Attachments

• 311312.gif
    311312.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 311312.gif
    311312.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 134
That's a good idea David. Did you find that it was set out far enough to clear frame but not so far that your lift rod would hit the tire when turning?

Ken, the pic you poster, is that just a generic picture of the 42" blade or is it specific for the Quietline series? Never seen one with a slotted hole before? This seems like it might be nicer than having to put the lockout pin in it under the tunnel cover which I find is a PIA spot to get to. This way is out in the open and is only two bolts. Might have to look at this option? Anyone have this slotted hole set up and had problems with it bending??

Mike,

The picture was from the Lookup for a 782. I just looked up a 1650 and found the same thing. I think it is the proper set up for tractors with hydraulic lift, but I could be wrong. I does let the blade float some.

Mike, Ken, I believe that style lift bracket is actually for the 482, 1282, 582 and 682 with hand lift. Note the clamp on lift handle bracket. I think Cub Cadet has been consolidating it's Parts Lookup drawings... Could also be a later style for the 82 series.
dunno.gif

Attachments

• dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 143
  • dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 147

Latest posts

Back