• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 27, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Matt G,Tom H, Jerry M
Since they were white in color, I thought maybe the were Cub Cadet. With the mention of Bolens, I see they also have White wheels.
Bob C.

josh its an eye bolt...
181744.jpg

Myron, I was wondering why there was only one hand grip also. I purchased my tractor here in Camarillo, Ca, from the second PO who got it with the property he purchased. I have the original operator's manual.

There are no modifications to the foot rest as someone asked. The outside lever is for the rear hitch, the inside lever is for the deck and the front blade, I will take some detailed photos and post them in the future. I have to get my 1951 JD Row Crop cleaned and decorated for the Christmas parade tomorrow, we have 4 parades in the next 3 Saturdays.

I am posting a photo of my cub at work here, unlike the photos of others that are pushing that white stuff around.
181747.jpg

Calvin B. A cub and its trailer, a beautiful thing. Plus a Troy built chipper/shreder. A friend built a hitch for mine so I can move it with the Cub. Let me know if any interest how it was made.

Myron,
Hope you have great weather and a fun time at the parade! I like that dual handle concept also. After those Originals, you had to wait all the way to the 3000 series tractors in order to accomplish the same thing!(hydraulic activated, not mechanical)
I love the concept of being able to keep the deck raised and do some blade work around the yard, or a similar job. Very convenient but obviously would have incurred extra cost. Nevertheless, I like the dual levers! Should have a 3rd one as well, that being a Torque Amplifier!!!!!

I have just acquired a 126 Cub Cadet. In very good shape, only it will not start. No noise or clicking at all when you turn the key, it seems as though the safety switch on the clutch is bad. Anyone have any ideas on this model??? The battery is good, the harness needs to be rewired (decaying insulation). I plan on restoring to new for a show tractor.

Randale, Welcome. Scroll up to the sponsors, they can get you fixed. Some people will use a wire to jump the terminals on the plug into the switch just to make sure thats the problem. Just don't forget to fix it.

Randle, again welcome. Slide up the screen to the FAQ's and click on them.
Then go to the second FAQ screen and look at item #60. That will get you further along, and give us more info to help you.

Josh O.,
Thanks for noticing the 12hp stickers. I did a lot of research on this during my restoration. I could be wrong, but this series of tractors was the first of the "wideframes" and IH no longer put the hp sticker on the gas tanks.
I have the book: Original Farmall Cub and Cub Cadet by Kenneth Updike, and there are no photos or info showing the sticker on the tank. I also have a copy of the Cub Cadet parts, service, and operator's manuals, and none of these list,show, or give any indication of a "hp" sticker on the tank.
My 128 had around 90% of the original paint still on it, and there was no indication of a sticker on it. There were two stickers on the motor: one on the side of the blower housing listing the serial and model numbers. There was one sticker at the top of the blower housing just above the word Kohler that said 12HP. There was some more writing on that sticker, but it was not legible.
As for the stickers, if I put one where the other one was, nobody could see it. That is why I decided to put one on each side of the motor.
This series of tractor is also the first to use a black alternator/generator.
I know the stickers are not quite "original", but neither is the exhaust stack with the rain cap or the ag and tri-rib tires. I know it would be almost impossible to be totally original,but the minute modifications sure do look good!
Thanks again for the comments,

Well,
I finally got the new to me 129 running.
Some one had "adjusted" the governor so that whenever the thing started it ran wide open. I finally figured out how to get that issue fixed.
Now when it runs at low idle, there is a pecking in the motor.
Do you think think it could be a rod knocking?
The PO said that this motor was rebuilt 2 years ago. Any suggestions?

I was wondering about lead content of 70 and 100 paint??? Are ther any alive to tell??

Lead in '60s tractor paint?? Yes - pleeeeeze don't chew on the sheet metal or you'll end up with the IQ of a squirrel...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Marty G., Your tractor looks amazing. Thanks for hanging in there and figuring out how to post the pictures.
I really like the appearance of your tire combination. I need to replace my factory tires before too long, what tires did you use? Thanks.

Ok, lets retry the pic thing again. This is my real original, a 1961, with the snowblower i bought with it,( i forgot to mention the blower). I took this picture today outside my friend Caleb's house down the street from me, where i bought it at. I drove over to help him with one of his red cub cadets.
181757.jpg

Randal, New wiring harness are/were still available when I did my 126 a couple years ago. If you still have the original fabric and rubber covered wiring they like to rot out inside the frame rail beside the engine,mine was. As built they have a safety switch underneath on the brake/clutch linkage,you might look there first.

Latest posts

Back