Archive through November 24, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hydro, I got the image from a Quiet Line brochure.
happy.gif

249450.jpg

Thanks everyone for the replies. I do have a battery trickle maintainer that I plan on putting on at least once a week now. I'm going to use that method with a magnetic heater on the rear end. I did check the CCA, I don't recall exactly what they were but they were lower than 330 at 30 degrees.

Nic - yes, after Kraig posted the full view you can better determine it is likely lying on its side. And you can actually see there is something supporting it in the grill area.

Kraig - Oh Great One, Keeper of the Photos - Thanks for filling us in. That's a nice shot of the QL on it's side. What is that support thing in the grill area? Is it by chance one of the IH Special Service Tools? Got the part number?

dunno.gif
Looks kinda like an upside down terracotta flower pot.
1a_scratchhead.gif

249452.jpg

Looks like there's a nasty cut in the tire.

Daniel-

One thing that Hydro touched on was tuning and making sure it was timed. If you just set your points to .020 that may not be exactly correct for your tractor. You need to do a static timing to get it on the mark and each tractor/engine can be a little different. Matt G. has a good tutorial on static timing in his website.

Kraig - Oh Great One, Keeper of the Photos - you know the more I review that photo the more intersting it gets. With all the known "air brushing" IH did to photos I'm surprised they didn't remove the pot (what ever it is) and the shadows, and the dirt off the tires - or is there a marketing guru on here that thinks all this detail might have be beneficial? For myself I like seeing the detail, but once I realized the tractor was laying on it's side it sorta gave me the willies (it's not an acceptable position).
banned1.gif

Latest posts

Back