• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 23, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PAUL - HONEST... It wasn't my wire.....I was clear down around Kenosha/Racine back in '73! Honest! No TV cable around here so I'm blaming the phone co.

I did have a nice l-o-n-g conversation this AM with SOMEBODY who says Flail mowers work great for mowing in SEVEN inches of snow. Might have to try that sometime!

I've never mowed with a flail mower although Dad got one to mow his 40 acres of CRP ground years ago. Been over many many acres with a pull-type six ft Brillion rotary bush hog. Seems like every year I see more and more farmers chopping or discing corn stalks behind their combines before chisel plowing. I thought that all stopped 30+ yrs ago. I used to sit out on an open station FARMALL H or M and take two rows at a time and now days the farmers sit in a heated cab taking 6 or 8 rows. Where's the FUN in That?

Thanks guys for all of the help. I find myself learning more everyday. It's just like me to get excited about getting another tractor running and forget to correct problems like this in order. I now will have to go backwards yet again. I've already got the engine back together lacking only the oil pan before reinstalling. I think I will take my time here and do it as well as possible. I've also learned putting three tractors together at the same time isn't as much fun as doing one at a time. By trying to save time I've spent three times the time it should have taken. I haven't got the brains to do this multi-assembly.

Don T.: I'm here. Just got done mailing oot your windbreaker. Remaking boxes is a frig - especially when they've been remade before! $62 shipping.
Paul F.: Your friend just became one of my idols! Great job on the 123!!!

Wayne Shytle

These Cubs ain`t that hard to multi task.Start a 1 And follow the steps to a smile.Yellor and white are good .

thanks Frank I know you like 123 and Kraig the 125. I have a 125 and I like it also .
old.gif

I'm going to attempt to compensate for Charlie's snowy pictures. Here's the view from my apartment today:

216912.jpg

It's a sunny 79 degrees in Daytona right now.
216913.gif

Don't feel too sorry for me, I'll be home and in the cold 3 weeks from tomorrow.

Charlie "Digger" Proctor
I would like to start a lottery to see how long you will be there! I bet I could find a state you would move to .. Lower than me I bet, I have had rain all day, fog keeps snow away from here all winter.

Kraig M
Must have pictures of a 42 " snow chucker that I have here so I can get it chucking snow on my 149.I`am missing mounting parts cut off by PO.

1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif

Thanks guys
old.gif

Matt, I was in Dallas Sunday P.M., on the way back from a week in Cabo San Lucas, and it was 80* in the evening when we landed @ DFW. No Cub Cadets mowin' in Cabo, only a Toro push mower @ the resort,but IH trucks were on the road.
cool.gif

Hey all, in the manual section of this site there are instructions on a Windbreaker mounted on a NF and QL. There are no instructions for a WF. I am looking for a picture of how the Windbreaker mounts to the WF fenders. How similar is the WF to the NF or QL? Totally different brackets? Pictures would be great! TIA. -Brian.

Brian,

The Wideframes 86,109,109,128,129,149,169 and the Quietlines 800,1000,1100,1200,1250,1450 and 1650 share the same frames and fenders. The mounting instructions should be the same. The only difference that I can think of would be:
Some WF and Early QL had external brakes mounted to the axle and the later QL had internal brakes (could affect any brackets that mount to the axle tubes)
The WF tractors have a lever mounted to both sides of the dash, on the left side is the PTO Control Lever, and on the right is the hydro lift lever, or slight farther to the right the manual lift lever cominf up from the footrest area.
The WF do not have side covers and the QL do, may change slightly how it is mounted to the front.
Looking at the QL instructions they should work fine in helping with the install. In all the attachment location I have seen are the same on both models. I also noticed at the top of the instructions, it has the WF and QL model numbers listed.

Back