• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 19, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen S. and Mike-

Briggs engines shear flywheel keys. I have never heard of a K-series Kohler shearing a flywheel key. I'd say that's extremely unlikely, as the flywheel key in a Kohler is about 4x bigger than the one in most single-cylinder Briggs engines. Even if it did shear, it won't screw up the timing if it was set right before the key sheared, because the points are run from a cam lobe and have nothing to do with the flywheel. If the key sheared, the timing marks would be off, but still...very unlikely in my opinion.

And just a reminder, gapping the points to 0.020" does not guarantee the timing is right...the points must just begin to break when the "S" mark is centered in the sight hole in the flywheel shroud.

Donald
Thanks for the reply, I am going to look for a set today. I do have a restored Original and one to restore, righ now I am working on a 100. I would like to seperate the rear end from the frame for the restoration. If it is too much of a problem, I will just leave it on.

Thanks again!!

Guys I have to go for a road trip as soon as my truck gets out of the shop for a broken spring hanger. I found and ad for this local (2hr drive) and spoke for this this Am.I called and spoke to the owner and he agreed that I could have all this.He took my name and we will get it as soon a s my truck is fixed.I think I hit a $300.00 lottery lol
clappy.gif
worthless.gif

216681.jpg

216682.jpg

216683.jpg

216684.jpg

He told me he has built a loader and I will have to take my camera and take some pictures of that.
2 snowblowers(one single, one dual stage) dozer blade, belly mower, and rear cultivator with all drive attachments for International Cub Cadet Garden Tractor 147.

Don T, nice find. Now you can have a snowblower on each tractor. almost! LOL

Mike,

I totally forgot the partially sheared keyway thing... Good catch!!1 I've been bitten by that a few times.... on my mini-bike when I was a kid...}

Don T.-

That's a great find. Don't forget to ask about any literature he may have about the machinery. Also, things like the lift rod for the front blade and small accessories that might be hanging on a nail out in the shed that he overlooked. Is there another 147 in your near future as well?

Wayne Shytle

I`am tickled about this find. When I called he said there are two gear boxes and lift rods and some other parts he will give me. The black two stage blower was for a craftsman and works great.I do hope the covers are there for the tiller as it will be installed on a tractor soon. What a great week I had this week with the bid on the snow cab ( $104.50 )and now these parts to go with my Cubs. I will soon have to fill out my profile with all my attachments and list them all. Now that Charlie has a spot for my diesel I can list that also. My new Cub storage building I built this year will be full now
bash.gif
old.gif
greenthumb.gif

Just a thought I wonder if that tiller could be put on my 100 ? I would love to have something on that tractor to use and just leave it on there. any thoughts on this guys.

Wayne s

I don`t know what all he has for tractors.He sounded like he has more than the 147 unless that is the tractor he built a loader for. I will report back on what I find when I go to bring this equipment here. I did look at a 1450 a wile back but I don`t have place to store it and really need to get all my tractors working great first.I would buy another tractor or two if I could find a 169 , I would find room here for that
1a_scratchhead.gif
lol.gif

He guys I'm looking for a "release rod lock" for my model 70 implement arm. I'ts part number 4 to let implements float. Can't seem to find one. On occasion there has been one on flea-bay, but you can't imagine how much they end up selling for. Does anybody make these as an aftermarket part or in their shop?
216687.png

James M.
Here I go beating that dead horse again!

SPONSORS guys!
We have SPONSORS that carry parts, what a concept huh.

I talked to 2 guys just last week that told me they bought from both, Madson's and Houtz!

BTW,
After market one's will be available probably before Christmas.

Charlie your preaching to the choir. I try to buy from sponsors when I can. I have regularly checked your site and Chris's, and saw neither of you had any. I wish that Madison's and Holtz's could have a better site that listed what parts they have.

Don T.-

You may be able to sell the craftsman blower/thrower and get everything else free. I've done that sort of thing and it frees up the $ for the next deal.

the other day i poseted about that i bought an engine to make my 72 a true model 72 again. it had a junk k241 that lost its last leg last fall. the new k161 is in and works perfectly. i took a whole hoard of pictures. i wont upload them all here to save you guys on slow internet the fuss and bother, so i put them in a slideshow.

i know the new engine isnt quite perfect, but it works for me and the price was very reasonable. and it gives me another work tractor. i think i will put my QA plow on and leave it on year round to free up my 70 and 128 as mowing tractors and the origonal for everything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFRvUr1Ux4Q

A couple weeks ago I found the engine loose in my 1450. I previously had the oil pan repaired, including one mounting hole that had to be drilled out, rethreaded and an insert used. I also tried the solid engine mounts. The mounts work fine, but the mounting bolts came loose and the corner of the oil pan that was repired broke off. Apparently, drilling and rethreading it left the walls too thin. I've already sent an email inquiry to CC Specialties, to see if Charlie has a good used one....

216693.jpg

Don T,
Jackpot!!
Does your 100 have a creeper?Tillers on a gear drive work better with one on it.Did you get the long belt for the tiller?

Lewis Palma

I have not picked up my truck today after it was repaired because it was raining here and it was just undercoated. I will pick it up in the AM and make the trip to get the snow blower and other parts. I don`t know if he has the mule drive or if any belts are there for it.I will report back when I drag all that home Sunday. I see those belts can cost a bit of cash.I have been looking for a nf hyd pump and a creeper for my 100 for some time. I just hope to get lucky again .head lights for the 100 are planned some day also.I`am in no hurry here to get it all right away.I might put the blower on my 147 now just for fun. I have way to much snow equipment now here to use.possible Tuesday my loader will get hard lines and then I will have to finish that off,it needs the decals put on and a repair to the dash where the hood touches. I`am going to glass that area I think.I need to find the wire hood hold downs for my 149 so the hood will stop moving. po cut them because he did not know how to open the hood lol.I will soon have enuf Cub Cadet projects to last me a long time here .I hope he has some manuals for some of the attachments or I will have to post lots of questions. I must have taken about 23 pictures when I did the 450 blower and will see if that info could be put where others can enjoy that info.I don`t know when I will get to this bunch of attachments and have an offer for the mtd two stage blower for on a 125.I might sell it because I really don`t need four snow blowers lol.I will post pictures of my trip when I get back home.Tomorrow will be a long day for me. Now I have to pay attention to how a tiller is mounted and adjusted
bash.gif

Does anybody know about seats? Do the seats from the 70 and 100 match the ones from the Original? I know the fenders are different, but I'm not sure about the seats.

Latest posts

Back