• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 16, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey y'all, thanks for the previous info. That Kohler manual is great. What kind of aftermarket seats have y'all used? I am looking for something that gives a custom look and adds comfort. If not I was also wanting to know if I can get just the cover for my factory seat pan. The pan is in good shape. Thanks, Paul

Patrick,
23231.jpg

23232.jpg

23233.jpg

23234.jpg

Anyone ever have their ground wire go bad? After 2 weeks of looking beyond this, I finally figured it out with some help from a guy down the road. It wasn't the tips of it, but the whole dang wire??? A trip to Ace for some wire and 20 minutes worth of work and she's rollin again.

WYATT - Gauge is probably a WHOLE LOT more accurate than "Shooting at It" with My Raytech too. Whatever guage was used at LVL in that location back in the early 70's I'm sure Stewart Warner made it!

WYATT.....Where does the Oil temp gauge sensor go? Side or top of gear case? Might be a needed item on the next generation 982 with P.S.T.

Tom R,
It's not totally impossible for the coating to get cut or split and exposing the wire to the elements, then after many moons, corrosion sets in and basically desolves the wire. If I were you, I would peel the coating off the wire and see where it fell apart, if nothing else for the curiosity of knowing for sure. ;-P

Ken-
Neither, the sender is in one of the pump's plugs on the bottom, the one to the left of the suction line.

This does a couple things;
1. First and foremost, the plug's unscrewed and machined away from the transaxle, and cleaned before re-assembly.
2. On the side or bottom of the transmission the sender would be more exposed than the location I chose above the oil filter.
3. Sampling the oil temp in the reservoir/transaxle case would only get the average temperature of the oil, sampling in this port should be sampling the oil in the pump/motor circuit, sensing changes before the reservoir does.

And since I put things back together before doing any mods (which should be done sometime this winter) I'll be able to say that changes I made as far as cooling made a differnce of x-degrees.

Hey Guys,

I plan on painting soon,what paint does everybody have the best luck with OEM paint or NAPA crossfire 53A-1934,53A-3857 ?

Thanks

Wyatt, Wouldn't it be neat to go with a digital gauge and place electronic sensors on the hydro and also on the engine to get oil temps there too! Maybe one on the engine cooling sheet metal too so you could watch for overheating. You could rig it with a toggle or rotary switch to choose the sensor you want to watch.

Paul D.
Everybody will tell a different story on what paint they use! But I buy the special mixed stuff from CC Specialties and really like it.
23238.jpg

23239.jpg

Charlie, I always figure if paint wears well on the hands it should last a long time on the Cub.
biggrin.gif

John

John-
Maybe, but what brings most all of us here is the simple nature lack of "information overload", now if I were to get ahold of what I'd love to have as a new garden tractor, an AGCO FWA, I'd think about the digital. The big reason I changed is I see the ammeter more or less a plug for a hole because IH thought there should be a gauge there, the temp gauge is more of a gauge of how bad I'm beating the tractor and when to ease off. . . . let's not fool anyone, who owns a 169 to pussyfoot around the yard????

Went to se my favorite Cub Cadet dealer today and look what followed me home...
Wide frame sleeve hitch W/spring assist.
A pair of I.H. wheel weights
a 122 that had a fuel line fire,but nicely outfitted with creeper, headlights,tail light,and a sleeve hitch...
Last but not least..A NOS Protective canopy...
never been installed...Small parts[ including seat belt} still in factory bag..
canopy is in B-E-Autiful shape..tassles are perfect,all snaps in place and no mouse holes...
Installation instructions still in wrapper...It was unbelievable....Some days just can't get any better...Pics tommorrow....KURT

Before I start bending on something I shouldn't be, is the drag link and tie rod on a 109 supposed to be straight?

John

Squirrel,
How about some pix?

Charlie,
And I thought havin' a green thumb was cool!

John G.

Yes, both are straight.

Kurt,

NICE!!!

Tom...Your wish is my command...on the pix that is
Was too dark when I got home...Will get'im on as soon as I get home tommorrow....Kurt

"Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat"..........You're a funny flyin' squirrel!!!!!

(but I do love that hyd. angle blade option.....way cool!!!!!, especially on my 58" super blade!!!)

(Message edited by sblunier on November 17, 2004)

Latest posts

Back