• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 16, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is what a Demo Cub Cadet would look like if one had been made. None were, but it is still way cool.

Here's some pictures of Loader-Mutt... Still have some rough edges to straighten out, some hardware to change, but she runs, lifts, pushes, pulls, and drags... and don't leak, smoke, or stall!
23191.jpg

23192.jpg

23193.jpg

23194.jpg

23195.jpg

23196.jpg

23197.jpg

23198.jpg

23199.jpg

23200.jpg

Charlie- re-read Bryan M's post... the part about where 'none of...listed...responded...'...

Perhaps you can rectify the situation for him?

Dave K,
Good to see Loader-Mutt out playing. Nice job on it. Now you just gotta tear it down, repaint everything, put it all back together and save it for Shows and Parades... <font size="-2">Yeah, right!</font>

Really like the new style here but is there a way to fit thte width of a post onto the screen? Sliding the page back and forth is a pain. I'm going to need Ken's glasses

What, Colin- I'm kinda takin' a liking to the 'fade' color scheme... and leaving the tinwork off for that 'real-motorcycle' styling look shows off all the heavy-duty workings... it also keeps me from wearin' shoelaces or parking it with the engine running!
joker.gif

Yeah, I'll get around to making it a LITTLE more presentable... I'll clean up that bucket, get the colors 'closer' to real, etc., but have to make some safety features (lock the treadle, turning brakes, etc), as well as correct some ergonomic issues... but at the moment, it's holding the 10hp electric motor that (hopefully by 3:30pm) will be a functioning rotary-phase-converter for the new lathe and mill.

Thinkin' I might put 18-8.50-8 fronts on, and 26" ags on rear, but I don't wanna go 12 wide... and I'm not hot on ATV tires... suggestions?

Jerry B. -

Gee, I don't have ANY problems at 1600x1200 on my 20" monitor at the office...
wink.gif

Doesn't do too bad on the 19" at home, either.

But if you're gonna run at 640x480, yeah, posts are gonna wrap!
lol.gif

Well, that was a lot of work, but...

I just replaced the counterbalance spring on the Garage door, it opens now...
wink.gif

Hey Bryan....Shouldn't you be in the sandbox talking about your garage door?
(Ducking and hideing)

Dave K,

Congrats on the Loader Mutt build. What u-joints did you use on the driveline and what speed, angle, etc are they rated?

JimE

Hi Jim!

23208.jpg

They're made by SKF- part numbers are listed below. I don't remember OTH what the upper limit or deflection was, but the max speed, total deflection, and torque-limits and performance reductions were something like an order-of-magnitude higher than the greatest deflection I could get out of the WF with QL soft-mounted engine. I actually drilled the yoke shoulder concentric to the set-screw hole, so that I could turn down a hardened allen-bolt to very-tight fit through the yoke, through the hydro shaft's hole, and into the yoke on the opposite side. The cool part, is that with the grease fitting on the hydro-side, one can pull the allen-head bolt out, and slide the shaft IN towards the joint cross, and slide the driveshaft out without ever breaking the tractor or removing the engine.
Here's an excerpt from a post I did a year or so ago:

The yokes come with a keyway AND drilled/tapped for a set-screw. I drill through the rest of the way, using the same drill-size to fit the roll-pin OD.
Instead of using a roll pin, I cut the threads off of, and turn down the shank of an allen-head machine screw.
The pin doesn't require a hammer to install or remove, and it's very secure.

Driveshaft U-joint kit for 5/8 shafts;
-Yoke is SKF 10-4373 $11.75 each (2 req'd)
-Joint is SKF 1-0170 $6.00 each (1 req'd)
They're available through any bearing company that carries Chicago Rawhide products.

Kent -

Ah, the subtleties are lost on you
wink.gif

Notice the capital G in Garage. As in Geezer's Garage. Doing forum business here, dude...

Dave yer killin my Pin Tool stock ... I just heard it fall. No wonder the DOW is going down today ;)
Another Black Tuesday ??? I'm jumping out the window .................. *^$&%$$(*** single story window !

So that's MUTT huh ? Looks good WITHOUT paint kinda reminds me of my homemade cluster ****.

Bryan knows all about Chicago Rawhide
happy.gif

Someone <strike>say</strike> write "cluster"?
23210.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on November 16, 2004)

What ya edit it for Kraig ... the stars ?
She's ugly but 196:1 of 16 horse reduction made up for it
happy.gif
GRUNT !

Tedd it drug a 420 JD dozer <u>sideways</u> ten feet so I could then push it into the shop AND it pushed a 4x4 3/4 ton ferd truck (with the tires back spining 'cause I told him to put it in 4x4 and put it in 1st gear) out the driveway when the guy laughed at it. It's not nice (or good advice) to make fun of the Cluster
wink.gif

Kraig why didn't you post the pic of the round baler on it ????

Latest posts

Back