• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 16, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
23212.jpg

Kraig you ever think about getting a job at the National Archives ??

Wow, Kraig-- and I thought my lack of tunnel-cover made a good shoelace hazard!

What in tarnation IS that thang?

Dave look at all the money I save on primer , sand paper , paint , water , soap , wax , buffing pads ... at least it has a cover over the '62 GM BULL DOG trans , was one with an oiler over the chain once but it couldn't take the lonelyness so it went south ... actually I need the oiler for my power hacksaw
happy.gif
... aw the truths I could tell about it ... OT though !

Looks like I have some post management to do when I get home...

naw he's going down to Kent's post and remove the " e " out of hiding

Kraig done it ! I didn't make any pic post here today

7:40pm ... where's that chubby little feller hiding ?

Dave,
I now know what a mutt is.....
Is that power steering?
Thats quite a hydralic pump you have there.
Mine is smaller and almost lifts too fast.
Arent you afraid of fipping over?
biggrin.gif

Are your modified spindles riding on thrust bearings or are they steel on steel?
23217.jpg

(Message edited by tcbusch on November 16, 2004)

Terry what size pullys do you have on the pump drive ? Can you slow it down ? What's the volume on it ? Yeah your pump looks much better than that cluster Dave has sticking out (quick hide me!) Dave's will look better after he hides it under shinny paint
happy.gif

Hey guys, could someone post a piture or e-mail me one of a 1250 brake pedal return spring setup? I have nothing but a couple of rusty roll pins to go by. Also I need some specs on the Kohler 12HP engine. I am gonna take both apart and overhaul the one that is closest to spec. Where can I get this info? Thanks, Paul

Terry, now 'ya done it- that KenTuckyer is pickin' on me... tell him to go pick on someone his own size <font size="-2">of beard</font>

I'm not worried about it flippin' over, Terry- the pump's got 8gpm of total capacity, with 3gpm of priority flow. The pump is a 1.5ci/rev unit, runs at a tad over half crank speed, and is output-rated at 1800rpm. It can be spun faster, but there's really no need... I've got the engine governed at 3400, and everything seems to handle quite nicely there.

There's two pressure relief valves- one in the pump's priority circuit... it's fixed at 100bar (1450psi). When stalled, the relief valve bypasses priority flow right back to the pump's inlet. I could probably dial it down to around 500psi and still have exceptional performance. I could also dial the priority limitation to about 1.5gpm and still have no adverse effects.

The second pressure relief is in the loader's control valve. The circuit seems to be set just a tad higher... mebbie 1650, but I haven't had a gauge on it, just using experience, stall reaction, and feel. Based on the dimensions of the porting, the loader valve only passes about 4gpm to the work ports, but has capacity to pass more like 12-15gpm through open center. The relief valve is full-bore, so it'll bypass the whole lot in a stall condition.

Be that as it may, the loader is very responsive, if not downright quick, and I can jerk a load if not careful, but the loader's plumbing will only flow so much fluid in a given time, so it won't be doing handstands-in-the-half-pipe anytime soon.

The reason for the large pump is manifold- first, I didn't intend to use a 1.5ci originally- I'd ordered a 1.2ci of same model from Surplus Center, and requested a CCW rotation. I found that the one I got was actually a CW rotation, and someone had flipped the body to make it pump in CCW. Unfortunately, the face and backplates are routed for a special plastic seal that makes the parts specific to CW and CCW rotation, so cross-leakage blew out the front seal. When I went to order the correct one, they were out, so they sent me a 1.5ci instead. No big deal, as it didn't have a dramatic effect on my math. I may put a larger driven pulley on the pump at a later time, and at that time, I might fit it with a 20mm wide belt, rather than this 30mm... and mount a 35A alternator up there, too... to run some serious lighting... or an on-board welder... or an auxiliary starting unit... or a portable cyclotron...

But the extended capacity of the pump means that I can change out this valve for a 4-spool unit, and set up a 3-point on the rear, a belly blade... mebbie make a backhoe for it... or a hydraulic winch... a hydraulic clay-pigeon launcher with rapid-fire automatic reload... or mebbie just put a pair of aux ports in back to operate a dump-trailer.

Think this is close enough to stock-appearing for a gauge? It's sure a heck of a lot more functional than the ammeter!
23220.jpg

It's a Stweart-Warner trans oil temp gauge.

Kweaver,
My wife says its between none and 10 inches.
Its a 2 inch diameter pulley.
It lifts at just the right speed.
Dave,
I designed the loader mount so I still can snow-throw, mow, and blade off the driveway.
This is my "main rig". I have a 73 in the shed but its too underpowered.
sad.gif

I designed and fabricated a quick disconnect for the front blade.
If anyone in interested I can post a picture of it.

And yes- it's power steering... a Sauer-Danfoss OSPB-50 steering valve ($250 from Northern Hydraulic), operating a pair of cylinders (Surplus Center, $32 each) in simplex push-push configuration. Tastes great, less filling!

Those aren't modified spindles- they're FABRICATED... complete... from scratch. 1/2" 1020 plate steel top, bottom, and spindle face. Front and back are 1/4" 1020 plate gussets. The spindle is a 1" trailer spindle, cut to appropriate length, shouldered to press-fit into holes bored in the spindle face. Spindles are rosette-welded from the back, and fillet-welded from the front. Hubs are 5-bolt trailer issue, with worn out OEM-type 16-6.50-8 rib tires on 4.80-8 rims (that's what I had lyin' around). The spindles are steel-on-steel, but the factory wide-frame bronze bushing is still in place. Kingpins are ordinary Grade 8 bolts. I've been told by many that the axle or frame will break before the spindles do, but I actually prefer to maintain this as a point of wonderment, rather than for it to be proven right or wrong...
crazy.gif

In case anyone is wondering.... I built the loader from a kit. However I did need to customize quite allot of stuff.

Paul B.
If you have the early 1250 it has the small brake return spring on the right side like this.

23225.jpg

If you have the later model 1250 it has the long brake return spring and is mounted on the left side.

Front hookup of spring.

23226.jpg

Back hookup of spring.

23227.jpg

Can someone tell or show with a picture what holes the spring on the govener goes on to start with on a k301 in a 122 cub?

Latest posts

Back