• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 11, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Had the 147 out and did a little wood work, just checked in to see if Video of Killer K start up was posted.I see some nice looking job and wonder how much Kraiq would charge to do an O. LOL
1a_scratchhead.gif

I had to convert the video file to a compressed format so it wasn't such a large file, I then sent it to Charlie. Hopefully he'll be able to post a link to it. BTW, thanks for the nice comments.
happy.gif

Charlie, yep, that's it. Thanks!
happy.gif
It's in Xvid or Divx format and may or not play with Window's Media player depending on what plug in you have. I just played the linked version and I have sound.

Once I figured out that Killer wanted to be kept at half choke to stay running all was well. The K301 that I removed usually wanted the choke shut fully off as soon as it started unless it was REALLY cold. After I adjusted the idle screw it stayed running without the choke. Not sure if I'll get time tonight to start it again tonight and fully adjust the carb.

Charlie...that just means we have half the story...is it really "Killer"?
1a_scratchhead.gif
whistling.gif

Remember that Veteran's Day is more than just an excuse for the stores to have a sale.
So if you see a Vet, shake their hand and tell them "Thank You".

96819.jpg

Methinks that's the Regan, with the Arizona Memorial for a size comparison. 5 acres of flight deck? 37 years out of my "sailor suit" and it just dawned on me today that "I served with the 6th Fleet" sounds much more impressive than "I was in the Navy"! God bless us, every one.
coffee.gif

96822.jpg

Well I just watched the vidio of the killer kohler, no sound, but I could see it wiggling and puffing smoke as it back fired once or twice.

Mike, thanks for posting that, Have sailed past there a few times on the USS Ranger. Good time had by all! Sorry Charlie, I didn't know what a cub was then.

God bless all our vets, THANK YOU!
tophat.gif

Kraig,

Congrads on the first successful start. Can't wait to see some video of it workin'.
thumbsup.gif

Frank - you're correct, it is the Reagan.

I was their in 2000 and toured the battleship Missouri after the Arizona which are right next to each other. The beginning and the end of WW II.

About to place the clutch disk on my 128...What should I anticipate. Manual not much help. My main concern is the removal of the diskafter I get the whole shaft out! Thanks all!

Anybody have any tips on replacing a grease zerk on the front steering spindle of a 129? I tried to grease her up and she wouldn't take grease. Than when I pulled to remove the grease nozzel the jerk broke off even with the spindle.

Hey Frank- Did you serve aboard that tincan? I was aboard the DDE-471 (Beale) 55-57. Impressive when refueling from a carrier. When I was aboard the coral Sea and Boxer, I thought those cans were more impressive than the carriers!! The good old days!!
Thanks guys, for all you and served and made it back. Hats off to the ones that didn't.
thumbsup.gif

I always felt sorry for the small ship guys. never a calm day.

Earl C., when I rebuilt the clutch on mine I thought all I needed was the clutch disk. On further examination, I found a noisey throwout bearing, worn teaser spring and heavy wear on the release lever where it contacts the throwout bearing. What manual are you using?
1a_scratchhead.gif
I used the IH manual and didn't have any problems with the "vise method".

Thank You to all who served,My familys deepest gratitude and appreciation goes out to all of you who have fought for our freedom, we admire you, Thank You.

To all who are now serving, Thank You, You are in my familys prayers.You are also greatly admired for your bravery and willingness to serve this great country.

God bless you all

Back