• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 08, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sstanton

displayname
Scott Stanton
Feeling like a clobberhead!!!!
clappy.gif

Reggie W,
My 100 sat for 8-10 years before I got it and had the same problem. sprayed the crap out of it with pb blaster and did some careful prying, wiggled and jiggled and she finally freed up but check close for wear on the shaft, bearing and springs.

The search function is very handy. Searching for a common single word like hydro will bring up too many hits so it's best to use two words like hydro linkage or ported hydro or something more descriptive of what you are looking for. Also you can select to search for both words or one of the two, as in "or" & "and" the "or" is the default I find the "and" choice will narrow it down quite well. It does help that I when I search I usually know that the needle I'm looking for actually does exist in the haystack I'm searching in.
happy.gif

Charlie, I'm impressed, you seem rather calm this evening.
whistling.gif

Kendell & Aaytay; Thanks for the help with the carb problem. I have taken the carb apart again, cleaned up everything and readjusted the float to spec. I still have the same problem, no accelaeration without full choke. I have removed the fuel filter from the fuel line trying to eliminate sources of a blockage. No change.
I cranked the engine with the fuel line from the fuel pump in a jar and it seemed to be pumping in pulses as it should. The points and plugs are at spec. I am going to start over tommorow and see what I can find. Thanks again for the help. I will let you know what I find.

Well,
I used the search function again with hydro and ported and found an answer to my question posted by none other than Kraig!!Ive never added the "and" in!!The ported hydro will fit the 123 but the linkages are differint on varying models.

Thanks Kraig

Scott...if that's true that's toooo funny. Off topic but just so ya don't feel alone
Had a sled we used to drag race, Yamaha V Max 4, tore the carbs apart at the shop one day to clean them up. All was going well, so I thought, put all 4 back together and wheeled it outside to give it a blast across the parking lot. For some it seemed real rich so I thought I'd take to the road to open it up. Couldn't seem to get the sled past 60mph and it would do 125 so I wheeled it back into the shop, threw my helmet in the corner and all the guys had the biggest *#)& eating grins on there faces. Well, they let me rant for a while and stare at the engine a while when one of the guys says...are these for your sled ?
yikes.gif
There sat in his hand 4 jets I forgot to put back in the carbs.
blush.gif

I had a condenser wire loose once. Took forever to figure out why it was running so poorly. The wire was loose of the condenser itself. Then earlier this year plowing snow I had a coil wire break off. It was 5am at work and I had to leave it in the parking lot until I could work on it at lunch. Got it jimmy rigged and plowed right past when I should have clocked back in. I was having too much fun!

Pat K:
Does it still run at idle (and keep running) with the choke fully on?

I got the engine running on the 108 but the clutch assembly is seized up. The engine sounds really strong, very little smoke. But the tractor has other issues, the ignition swith is not working and the starter relay is not working either. I took the starter / generator off the 108 to use on my 169. I believe it will take too much money to get this tractor in useful shape. I'm debating to just part it out.

I have gone past losing my mind. Last week i talked about the #26 carb leaking on my 106. I repaced the needle, seat, float, fuel filter, adjusted per specs. still leaking out of the nozzle air bleed.Ajusted float further down, still leaking. If bowl vent was plugged could this really cause this proble. Anyone ever had this situation before? Also. Can anyone let me know how long the center blade on a 38" deck is supposed to be. I recieved this tractor as basket case and I am not sure if I was givin the right blades. Local cub dealer just wants me to buy a new tractor.

Just a little shameless plug for the search function. Before I posted picks of my broken shifter on the 122 I did a search and withing 10 minutes of looking I found the exact same link that Kraig posted for me, on common shifter repairs. The search feature works great and I'm glad the forum has it! Just one more thing that keeps me Cubbin'. Now I've got to tear the clutch back out and resurface the plates and add some spacer. Got a little bit of slippage when we went out to Steve's. Seems like I've read something about adding a 5/8s spacer to help or maybe a different spring. Still not to shabby for a 42 year old machine.
construction.gif

96671.jpg

Will a voltage regulator out of an old Allis-Chalmers garden tractor work in my cub? And what about the S/G will that work too or are they different set ups?

Pat K: Try this spray something around the base of the Carb and see if it picks up.my 129 i had that problem the carb base gasket was leaking buy making the Cub not want to pick up fuel,,, MY .02
worked for me
old.gif

Pat K. and Charles H. :
A suggestion for both of you - turn the gas on, let things settle down, then turn the gas off and pull the float bowl. How much gas is in the bowl?
Charles - your bowl is probably overflowing, Pat - I'll bet you have very little gas in the bowl. You guys would appear to have opposite problems. And Pat - if you've got a plugged bowl vent, unplug it, it provides the balance with outside air pressure (but if it's plugged, why even ask?)

These are very simple, iron age carbs.

Brian:
Cough Cough - I guess "Kraig" and "Kendell" do look close to the same
roflol.gif

Latest posts

Back