• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 08, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art I'll bet you can't put that 100 back together without painting something.

Art, the grouse season runs until January 31st, 2009 so the invite to hunt at the cabin I extended last week is still good.
happy.gif
Perhaps a weekend in early December. There are a couple places up there that have always produced grouse, not that I've always made good on my shots.
Shotgun.gif
bash.gif

Denny, I have a good supply of heat shrink through work too, and I have a couple of those assorted heat shrink packages from Harbor Freight. I've seen various colored heat shrink available from our suppliers but I've never seen the yellow heat shrink at Menard's.

I had hoped to get Killer running this weekend. Time did not allow it but I did get to the point where tonight I should be able to fire it up. I got the throttle and choke cables connected up and adjusted. I filled the crank case with oil. I installed a brand new air filter. I needed to mount the PointSaver™, but I didn't want to drill any holes as Killer will be moving to my #1 125 as soon as I get the chassis refurbished. I dug in my stock of scrap metal and found a piece of aluminum bar stock and made a bracket for it. After I got the PointSaver™ mounted I checked to see if it would turn over to make sure I had the S/G wired in correctly and that it actually worked, and it did.
happy.gif
I have the fuel line connected up for the remote fuel tank and tonight I will put some gas in the tank, place the tank in a secure location higher then the engine, mount a camera on a tripod to take some video and hopefully fire it up.
buttrock.gif

96709.jpg

96710.jpg

96711.jpg

96712.jpg

Never mind the rat's nest of wiring in the dash. This 125 had been modified by the previous owner, a large corporation in St. Paul, MN. The battery is mounted at the rear of the tractor and is a full size auto battery, the wiring had been heavily modified but is quite functional. It also has had a connector wired in to run power to the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Windbreaker Cab for a tail lamp and an amber strobe light. There is a switch mounted in the cab to control the strobe. In any case who ever did the wiring mods didn't do a very aesthetically pleasing job but it is functionally OK.

Morning all. I`am out in the Cub shop tearing apart the 149 to remove the 12 from the 129 loader and put the 14 hp K back in after the rebuild useing the new lift. More later ( hope to get the 14 running before Kraiq ) lol
96715.jpg

Art:
Great post - I've had a list for the 129 (starting with the cork gasket on the hydro) that I'm planning on working over in the spring. I did it a few years ago and cleaned up lots of little things at one time . The "workers" need a little TLC, too.

Kraig:
We're waiting..............

Don:
I thought you were retired - looks like you've got a full time job working for your cubs..

Don T. I don't believe I have ever seen anybody remove or install an engine in a cub without removing the grill and hood. Can you do it without raising the hood?

All,
I know it has been discussed in the past, But will a 14 hp live with a 10hp flywheel on it? I have a 107 that needs a motor, and I have the old 14 out of the 149 that I want to put in it for the time being... thx in advance...

After almost 3 years, The 149 got some yellow paint on it... I have to get a better respirator, My head is kinda loopy right now...
Pics to follow soon

Hydro Valve Question.. I need to replace a leaking valve. Since one is leaking, should I also replace the other one? When taking it out, is it under pressure, do I need to drain the Hy-Tran.
Thanks in advance..Joe
96718.jpg

RICHARD - I've only had hoods off My Cubbies four times, Once on the 70 and the 129 & twice on the 72. NEVER had the grills off any of them ever.

I've never tried it but I think with some work and taking the mesh inserts out of the grills I could remove the engine with the hood closed except on the 982.
roflol.gif
Personally, I can think of a couple things harder to work on than that on Cubbies. The capscrews inside the frame that hold the front of the footrests on NF tractors comes to mind first. I won't get into all the places IH used rollpins that You can't get to.
I used to remove & install engines myself by hand but now I let Son help Me.

Latest posts

Back