• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 03, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcmeen

displayname
Bryan D. McMeen, Keeper of the Holy Hy-Tran
Gadget -

Glad I could help
wink.gif

Thanks Tedd! now I know what day to be at Arts house to "accept delivery" for him....and Ross' too! (Hope you insured those packages!)

:-( Gadget

Hi guys ; I need a electrical advise.Few weeks ago i had voltage problem with my voltage regulator.Everything's fixed and it's working properly now.But; i bought an ampmeter and i want to install it (So i could have an instant view everytime on the voltage system).Can somebody send me an electrical scheme how to install that "by the book" cause, i'm not quite sure how to install that gauge properly.
Thx.

Question,

Will my 123 take a 18hp B\S twin? This 123 has served well for many years as a snow blower/pusher/mower, but I have just added a roto tiller an 12 hp is not enough (for un-tilled soil) - even when running only 4 tines.

I am wondering about the hydrostatic drive - will it take the extra hp?

Thanks

(Message edited by mhoward on November 03, 2003)

Mark - that's a Sundstrand hydrostat, basically unchanged (except for remote hydraulic ports) from the unit used 10-20 years later behind a K341 16hp in the 169, and a KT-17 in the 782. Short answer - Yes! The hydro can handle it.

But the question would be whether or not you could shoehorn the engine in between the frame rails. Even a K321 14hp would require the frame to be notched and gusseted, ala 147.

Although I have seen pics of a KT-17 stuffed into a 102 (Pullers will do ANYTHING for a couple more ponies!), I don't have a clue what kind of frame mods had to be done to get things to line up.

Gadget

Mark H,
EEWWWWWWWW! You just as well go buy a crapsman!
As far as a 12 horse handling a tiller! It's more than enough engine if it's not layin down on ya, to till anything. Have you buy any chance took a good look at how your tilling? Just a thought.

I was out Cub hunting today, and found this,
13566.jpg
13567.jpg
. It doesn't look like much, but I thought it might be a keeper
13568.jpg
The engine is a "kit" and in the bed of my truck, along with a NOS pan seat, and NOS non trip blade.

(Message edited by pbell on November 03, 2003)

Dave,

Kewl! I just opened the box. Yep it was in there, You didn't need to do that. Thank you.

Man Paul, your going to have the biggest collection of Low numbers the way your going....

Tedd, Yes I did.
happy.gif

Paul I have a # punch set. If you want, we can add a couple to that. Those three there, all by themselves, just look lonely.
happy.gif

has anyone tried to contact mtd on dimensions of parts that are n/a. I have a two stage blower modle #311-0045 195-364 ko74d and need the mount thats fits the front of the tractor to the blower part #90535c1 support.this fits the drive pully to the pto on a 1210.the rest of the parts can be had for under 200 bucks

Could anyone give me an idea how those latch springs on the frame of a 169 go in place? Since they are gone completely I don't have a clue as to how they are set-up thanks guys great forum!

I just put a replacement K-301A in my 129 and discovered the coil leaking oil. Apparently it got damaged in the process and I had to replace it. I never knew these 12V Delco-Remy coils were filled with oil!

My K-301A starts hard - hardly turning over. Other than getting a fresh new battery, is there anything else I can do to make this engine turn over better?

Joe R,
Here's a pic showing the spring mount looking under the dash, the short side of the spring on the right faces the front of the tractor.
13571.jpg

It's number 20 in this pic.
13572.jpg

Gene P,
First thing I would go for would be to make sure that your ground wire is good and clean and tight. I had that problem once. Course there's a list a mile long other than that, but it's a start. I always go for easy first!

Latest posts

Back