• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 03, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie -

I'll betcha he's talking about the quick attach springs
wink.gif

Mark H.

If you have a #1 IH tiller set at 26" (4 sets of tines) you should be able to HOG just about anything with a 12hp that is in at least 70% condition. #1 tillers usually give up in virgin or hard ground before the engine runs out of power (just too much bouncing and jumping around).

Tune up the 12hp and try again, making sure to "hold back" the tiller with the tractor's hydro. Make sure it's running at 3600 rpm and that it's tuned right.

If you really must have more power, consider a 14hp K-series with a small bearing plate and flywheel, It's a drop in. Even a good fresh 12hp would probably suprise you....you just don't realize mow much power you loose on a worn out engine over time, tiny bits along the way, BUT throw a fresh motor in and WATCH OUT!!!!

Digger: Thanks, I will check the ground wire. Is that the battery ground wire or the wire on the right front going from the frame to a bolt on the generator/starter mounting bracket?

Gene, the oil is to help keep the windings in the coil from overheating.

Paul "B",
How the @%&(#* do ya' keep findin' them??? Don't tell me you got #510 from Bob in PH.

Kraig,
I'll email you the pics. They aren't real hi res.
They are just scanned from film pics. And I
didn't have a flash so I used a floodlight. Do you want them all? I have a few more than what I
posted.

Tom H.
Just luck I guess. No, I got a 1250 from Bob in PH

Im sure it's more than luck. I'll bet you back hurts from turning over and looking behind all those rocks.

I just ran across a Cub with a Briggs engine and a Peerless rear-end -- it's called a 1100 -- can anyone give me some info. on this model?
Some of you may remember that I embarked upon the redoing of a 129 from the ground up. If you would like to see some pics. of the finished product painted in International red and off-white, just send me an email. And may I also thank all of you who answered my many queries -- your expert advice helped mightily in the completion of the project!

Gene Preston,
On the hard starting problem. Make sure all your krimp connectors are tight. Best to solder them. I chased a problem for months and found that the large krimp connector at the + terminal of the battery was not tight.

www.geocities.com/richfwright/
Ok, this will be the last update for a while.
I've added a couple more catagories and a lot more photos. I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I did finding them. Please keep on e-mailing your photos to me for future updates. Thanks, Rich W

Paul B. -

Thanks for bringing your tractors for us to see in IA recently! And thanks for letting us know about 510.

on 510, Does the engine still have the tag? What do the numbers say?

Paul, WOW! Great find.

Todd M., all of the photos would be nice, thanks. :eek:)

Georg, I'd like to see the photos of your 129.

MM, MB, NQ, thanks for the email info on the SO76 decals! FWIW, you all recommended the same source, I like that. :eek:)

If anyone here that knows someone by the name of Daniel Brown, Sr and a supposed #501, e-mail me, eh?

<font size="-2">......PDV6 videos and photo CDs are now available, see the classifieds for details....... ;o)</font>

Latest posts

Back