• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 02, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael- Creeper is going into my 1200. Then it's ready for snowblowing this winter and tilling in the spring. I live in Michigan and never thought I would wish for lots of snow!

Kraig:
Nice collection of slant grilles.
clappy.gif

Ok Guys....

Looking for a little IH chuckle? Check the caption of this out on Ebay # 7723366381.

lol.gif

KRAIG - I thought the same thing about Scott's addition to Steve's shed..... I figured Steve had someone dig Him a BIG UNDERGROUND GARAGE...
thumbsup.gif

Thats funny. Must be a trend in advertising. I posted this across the street a few days ago. Check the description for what the pump is used with. ebay # 7722271558

Had a little help today with doing some Winter Prep chores.
32111.jpg

Seems "Buddy" is a Cub Cadet fan now too....
thumbsup.gif

lol.gif

This Brinly aerator is a beast too. I couldn't let it set for $10.00.
32118.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on November 05, 2005)

Todd C.-

To install the creeper you'll need to unbolt the engine and slide it forward so you can remove the driveshaft to shorten it. On a wideframe like your 1200 you don't even need to remove the rearend to install it, you can just remove the tunnel cover. And do yourself a favor and replace those driveshaft roll pins while you're in there.

Kraig M. Seeing your 125 out in the cold like that is a shame. Soooo.... I volunteer to store it inside for you this winter. No charge either. And if it doesn't snow then I promise not to use it.
biggrin.gif

Charlie P. Looks like you did real good today.

Hoping to get the snow equipment in shape soon, but I'm still working on the fire-wood situation..
32136.jpg

32137.jpg

got a couple loads split Saturday..And to keep it on Topic..The splitter...
32138.jpg

Also bought a nice little 100 that will next year be the new "Wood Splitter Critter"
32139.jpg

32140.jpg

What might be the origin of a leak near or on the top of a 782's hydro? I took my son's 782 home today as it was leaking oil onto the floor/cardboard this summer and after taking off the tunnel cover, found a huge mess of oil soaked grass, leaves, and dirt clear up to and on top of the top of the hydro. After power washing it off, I let it sit running for some time and then took it onto the street for some F-R power shifts thinking the self-unloading valves might be leaking- but no evidence of it. Any suggestions of where to look next? Or could the valves still be the culprit under different conditions? Thanks.

Dave S:

This would be my suggestion. I would clean and degrease the hydro unit up real good. I would leave the tunnel cover off until I found the problem. Sooner or later, your clean hydro will start to show signs of oozing oil. This will pin point the area. I had a Q/L that one of the relief valves slightly oozed HyTran after working the Cub for about 30 minutes or more. Although my first thoughts would be the relief valves, there certainly can be leaks at other areas too.

Thanks Roland. I figure I will do that but imagine the cold winter temps will not cause as much of a leak as when the summer temps hit the 90's and the hydro runs hotter. Or isn't that a factor?

Dave S:

Yeah, that might be a real small factor. HyTran is consistent throughout the temperature range. That is one of the many reasons why IH used it.

Matt G. - Thanks for the info on installing the creeper. Seems easier then pulling the moter. I also received a doc. from Kraig that says you can loosen the moter and shim up one side to remove the drive shaft.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but have been getting the snowblower ready and mounted for winter. I also swap the "good" front tires from my 1100 to the 1200 and found that the 1100 had 1" spindles which are now on the 1200. Am also trying to come up with a way to make a spare plow blade into a rear scraper blade. Will take me a while, but I will post pics as I go.

Roland - Tell you son I see everything.

Charlie, is that Brinly a CAT-0 aerator? What do you have with a CAT-0 hitch?

Back