• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 02, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my <u>Harvester Highlights</u> and found the "Iron Man" article very interesting. As it sounds to me he's not to far from me. Special thanks needs to got out to PAUL BELL for the detective work.

Also was working in the Libertyville, Illinois area and drove past the Solar plant that had a article written about it. The Solar plant is right accross the street from the old IH/Hough building. I should take a drive though there some day to see if there is any old "relics" around.

Terry B. -

Of course they are. Especially with counterweights and loaders and stuff.

Overfilled outer tires and underfilled inner tires and/or the right terrain and you're flexing the axles even more...

Then there's the guy who showed up to Dan H's house with his loader setup with TRIPLES. Sheesh!

Repeat after me: garden tractor... not a Cat...
lol.gif

Sometimes fix'in things that break is half the fun of play'in.
err.gif

Charlie,
I heard they got 4 inches up at Devil's Lake. Maybe you should load'em up like the snowmobile dudes and head north? Now that would make you a die hard!
thumbsup_old.gif
I got both cubs ready for snow last weekend and it was around 60 today.

Terry B.
2 years ago, I did just that. We didn't have any snow to speak of and we loaded up 2 Cubs and headed up to the Itasca State Park area where the wife's parents own a resort and I played up there for a couple days!

Tim K.
I checked my 128 that got burnt up in my garage fire years ago but some fool took the brake rod off and he can't find it, maybe tomorrow I will have better luck.

Hank
I haven't noticed any difference in vibration as long as the weight is identical on both ends.
The reason I want the blades straight is for alignment of the decks when I rebuild them, and I want the grass cut to look good.

If you have blades miss-aligned you will see the rows even if all three blades are cutting at the same height. Here is a good example where the blades were not correct front to back, the cut height was even but the end result was ugly.

32085.jpg

Here is what it should look like when you have all three blades aligned correctly front to back, side to side, and blade to blade. I can only get this alignment with three straight blades.

32086.jpg

Richard --

That blade/deck tweaking is amazing. What an excellent visual example...really makes it clear. Thanks.

OK here is a neat sketch that considers how to make Cub and Cub Cadet parts interchangable or with shared tooling.

32089.jpg

RICHARD - I would suggest You make a set of "ALIGNMENT BLADES" from something like 3/16" or 1/4" flat stock, something 2" wide by whatever length the 44" & 50" deck blades are, flat, straight, and true. As your pictures show Your deck alignment REALLY makes a world of difference. Then You can straighten the actual blades as your pic's yesterday showed.

Well, the Cubs have started to move into the lean-to addition I built on the shed. I know I'm going to run out of room before all the yellow and white finds it's way in. I'll need to save a parking space for the AC620 and that takes up a lot of space. The SO76 and the Original are in the main shed. I don't think all the parts Cubs will fit. I guess I'm going to have to disassemble them then build a shelf to store the parts as there is a lot of storage space above.

32091.jpg

32092.jpg

Kraig,

I was just thinking last week...."My 12x20 barn needs a lean-to on the side of it for maximum Cub storage"......just not sure if I'll like the look.

32095.jpg

Kraig,
Man you won't know how to act not having to shovel snow off your tractor to throw snow!
BTW, they are never big enough, BTDT!

Charlie, the #2 125, the one with the extra headlights, is the one I use for snow removal it will have to set out another winter. The location of the shed is such that I'd have to drive across the septic system to get to the driveway. I don't want to do that in the winter for fear of it freezing. I wish my garage had a third stall. I have thought of adding a 8'x16' lean-to garage stall onto the house for parking one Cub cadet and the trailer I use to haul fire wood. Or a 8'x15' free standing shed that would appear like an attached lean-to if I could do it without a permit. Some areas allow up to 120 square feet sheds without permits. I really don't want another visit from the assessor........

Steve, yeah I hear ya. I was going to build a shed like yours but I knew I'd want to add on so I went with a gable roof instead of the gambrel roof. Have you considered making an "L" addition? It wouldn't give you as much added space but it would likely look better than a lean-to.

I currently have a 30'X40' pole barn with a wood burner which isn't enough room for the 3 cubs, trailer, boat and all my wifes live stock suppiles. My wife is starting to think it's "her" barn and wants to store the 30' camper in there now. I told her it can stay out side with a tarp over it until I get a new barn just for me to play in. You can never have a big enough barn!

By they way do you have to pull the eng. to install a creeper or can I just un-bolt it and move it forward?

Here Ya go steve...

32100.jpg

A little too much free time in my hands...

I didn't want to deny others their fun today...

TODD CARTER
What model Cub are you putting the creeper in?

TIM KISTE
I have 2 brake rods in my shop. One is 4 1/2". The other is 7 1/2". Both dimensions are C/L to C/L. I "think" the smaller one is for internal brake axles and the larger one is for external brake axle. I will check my 1200 with external brakes and let you know for sure.

Scott, the more I look at that lean-to you added to Steve's shed the more it looks like it's bottomless. That would sure increase Cub storage space but Cub retrieval could be an issue. :eek:)

Back