• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 02, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All,
I don't know how Tom got this photo from Bryan's mom, but for those of you who don't know, the boy standing in the pic is actually Bryan (see arrow). The photo documents an unfortunate chapter in Bryan's childhood when his mom took him downtown one day to the circus. Rumor has it he had the General up to 100mph+ until he hit the turnout. It was a good run while it lasted.
32014.jpg

Gee, I'm starting to like the archive bug...

So that's when his aspiration to be a conductor got derailed..... :eek:)

Kraig -

Nah, my aspiration ended when I found out ya hadda work freight for years before ya got to work passenger
wink.gif

But some of these guys on Metra are making 6 figures, so maybe it's worth it to be away from home for weeks at a time.

<font size="-2">Right Tedd?</font>

To follow up on my post last week about the problem with the new mower deck blades not being true. The reason this issue bugs me is I have rebuilt 4 mower decks this year and if you have blades that are not true you can align the deck crooked and have problems forever.

This is what I am finding on both the OEM blades and the Gator blades. Notice the ends are curled up with one side worse than the other.

32017.jpg

I couldn't straighten the blades in my press without building a device with the correct curvature. I used two pieces of 7/8 inch steel rod welded to a piece of 1/4 inch flat steel. I already had the point on the press that I built for making 3 point hitches. The funny thing is the point on the press matched the indentation in the blades from the factory when they pressed the blades. My thoughts are the factory makes one press on the blades and never checks to see if they got the correct curvature. Here is a Gator blade getting the correct bend.

32018.jpg

Here is an OEM blade in the press; they have the same curvature on the bend.

32019.jpg

To check for the correct final alignment I use a piece of 2 1/4 inch wide flat steel and lay the blade on the flat side, when correct both ends are flat the entire length of the cutting edges.

32020.jpg

Then I turn the blade over and you have to slight rotate it so the tips of the top edges are just off the flat iron. Here the ends should both be the same height checked with a ruler along the cutting edge of the blade.

32021.jpg

To do this correctly you need to take your time and check and recheck, don't make too much of a bend at one time, better to make several bends and re-measure each time.

I'm not suggesting everybody run out and try and straighten their blades but just be aware of the problems you may run into with the new blades. Actually blades have probably always had some error in them. The trouble is if you want to properly align a mower deck you need to start with good blades or else just live with what you have.

Charlie - that's evil man!
devil1.gif

Edit: I love it though...
happy.gif

(Message edited by rmunday on November 02, 2005)

Question for the pros with a spec. question. What is the stock journal size for a k301, I just got one and want to have it miced and don't know the tolorances? Thanks guys.

Well if Bryan's train ride scares you, you could always take his plane.
your_image.gif

Well if Bryan's train ride scares you, you could always take his plane.
32025.jpg

Geting more and more of topic, will have to start a thread somnplace else. Sorry, just havin' too much fun!

There's a topic???? Does it have anything to do with little yellow tractors?

Kyle -

Where'd you hear that vicious rumor??
lol.gif

Well gee, [email protected] didn't even have the decency to apologize for linking to our graphics and stealing our bandwidth on his auctions. Instead, they just disappeared...

If anyone missed what Bob did to "dink" with his two Cub Cadet related auctions, I saved them as PDFs. Let me know and I'll send 'em to ya.

Matt G,
Right click the pics and view image.
Notice that they go to everywhere except where the goof host his pics.

Good thing he was spotted before he could do any damage.Maybe we should ask the seller where he got his graphics from?

Back