Archive through November 02, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krandall

displayname
Kurt Randall
Steve...Glad your happy with the 782...I know I really enjoyed it and was sad to see it go....
At least it went to a great home...And THANK YOU to you and your family for another GREAT time Saturday.....Can't wait till next time...KURT

Good evening all. Was sweeping and saw that I left the ignition on from Sunday on Stinky. So I went to turn it off, and goofed and truned the key the wrong way. The dang thing started right up?!!!?

22623.gif

C'mon, let's be honest, how many of us have done EXACTLY that to our tractors (or anything else we're working on)?

I know I do that to the computers all the time
lol.gif

Charlie-

It wasn't quite that good ! ! ! !

But not real bad. He had a nice 147 there too that he has had since it was new.

Tom,

The curved subframe is correct for yellow wide frame tractors that have 44" and 50" decks on them. The straight version is for the same tractors with 38", 42", and 48" decks....so, yes, everybody is probably right in this case
happy.gif
happy.gif

Kurt,

Thanks!!

Thanks- but are the two subframes interchangeable, or will the straight one not work with 44 and 50 inch decks?

Reason I'm asking is one of my curved subframes was rewelded on one side and the curve is no longer an exact match to the other side, and forces the deck rear mount out of position.

I've been looking for a replacement, but the straight ones show up more frequently than the curved ones!

They won't interchange.....in-fact, the mule drives are also different for the 44/50 decks too.

On the 38/42/48 the mule drive sheaves are straight, parallel with the center line of the tractor.

One the 44/50 the sheaves are angled slightly toward the left rear wheel (to accomodate the offset drive pulley on the 44/50)

38/42/48 also use the hooked spring and drawbolt for tensioning the belt.

44/50 use a coil spring on the QA shaft and a "tension guide" adjuster with a "slack notch" for installing/removing the deck.

Steve-
How do the angled pulleys on the mule drive affect using the rear tiller ?

Matt G- I've got both a 109 and a 108... but the 108's got a 12hp in it. It isn't in quite-as-nice'a-shape as the 109, but it's complete, and running.

Tedd- you're just lucky... you left the key on, but the points were open, so the battery didn't run down!

Well, had a fire here tonight...

Just a few minutes before 10pm, fire broke out in the cylinder of Loader-Mutt's freshly-rebuilt K301. Apparently, it was caused by a mixture of gasoline vapors and air, being compressed, when a spark touched off the mixture, which exploded violently, causing flames to erupt from within, and a chain reaction of events ensued which repeated the process several thousand times over the next minute or two. It was a noisy, smelly fright, however, I was somewhat indisposed while this was happening... busy adjusting contact points, carbeurator mixtures, and such. The fire ceased for a few minutes, and I took the opportunity to re-torque cylinder head bolts, install tinwork, etc., when the fire started again. Fortunately, no damage was done, all was safe, neighbors didn't call police, firemen didn't come, and there was no signs of fuel or lubricant leaking onto the floor... just a warm engine, rarin' for an opportunity to lay into a big pile'a dirt somewhere.

So Loader-Mutt is alive. Unfortunatley, there's a new hydraulic pump on the way- I found a fatal flaw in the one I had, but fortunately, the solution is neither expensive, nor presenting a long delay. I expect that in another two weeks, I'll have pictures of an operational loader doing the kinds of things loaders do best!

Charlie- expect me around 10-10:30am on Wednesday morning. If I don't find 'ya there, I'll leave the blower somewhere that's conspicuous. Don't forget what 'ya owe me for it! :)

Well Dave, I hope that is the only kind of fire in your shop.Would be a shame to clean it out for that reason. Must be crowded in there with the new toys!

here are the pictures of the 23x10.5-12 tires and they were $80.00 a pair the 26x12-12 tires have a different tread they are closer and the bars are thinner

Kevin- Email the pictures to Charlie, and he'll size and post 'em. I'd do it, but I'm just headin' out the door...

Latest posts

Back