• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 31, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BILL J. - Looks like you caught that oil pan just in time! One nice thing about the alum. oil pans, they're easier to weld than the cast iron pans.

Hydro Harry - I think the aluminum box he put all the electricals in is the seat base, so adding those side marker lights to the side of the box was easy. Not sure I agree with you on the green/yellow. I may have to turn in my Wisconsin Cheese Hat, but I've never really liked green & yellow together, in fact green is my second least favorite color right after brown, wearing those brown UPS uniforms for a year does that to you. And unless threaded stainless hardware has the threads coated with something, either anti-sieze lube, Lock-Tight, oil/grease, I've even heard tooth paste works, the threads can GALL and sieze them up in the tapped hole just like they were welded in. And most hardware store SS bolts are just 18-8 SS, which have yield & tensile spec's slightly less than Grade 5 (3 marks on the head) which IH used in most applications on out Cubbies. SS is not better than plated steel hardware except in corrosive environments.

WYATT - If you paint your 182 PINK, you won't turn the inside of your shop pink like you would if you painted it red. Well, maybe a real pale pink! ;-)

Being from Pennsylvania and having spent some time in Somerset County, I would have to agree with Bobby's comment that the man is "challenged". To him a restored 125 most likely means "it runs". This part of PA reminds me a lot of the backwoods of West Virginia. When I was inspecting coal mines there back in the late 80's you could still find some "shine" if you knew who to ask.
I'm a bit surprised at the price he's asking. I suppose stainless bolts are expensive.

Dennis F.,
Regarding the Stainless Steel bolts, I was thinking the same thing - most SS bolts that I've seen have a smooth bolt head, indicating a Grade 2 strength...
yikes.gif
...not good enough for most assembly applications at my shed!

RWilke
coffee.gif

Chris R. That is one happy looking little girl there. Great job on getting her tractor ready to her specs.

Schultzie. You need a hydro for that little guy. Otherwise you need to put some extensions on the clutch/brake pedal. Great looking 71 that you both have.

Charlie P, Were you thinking of adding that rare gem to your collection or seeing if Kraig would like to own it? I do agree with Kraig. "Oh that poor 125."

CHARLIE: That 125 isn't restored, Its resto-modded. (heard the term on "TRUCKS!") Basically, you redo things, but change some things around to make it better.. Unfortunately, I think he missed the "better" part. Oh, and in regards to the comment about your sig line, It must look beautiful to him, even if no one else. That said, my 126 cries out for its brother. and my 126 is far from factory correct.
239591.jpg

Woohoo! I got the right carb kit for the 109.
err.gif
Long story short, I tried to find any kind of identifying marks, and the two numbers I found weren't listed in the napa parts book. I wasn't gonna put it off, so I got a kit for a carter, (influencing my decision was a single "c" i found on the front of one of the numbers) and, Whatdoya know? I guessed and got the right one.
taunt.gif
I used the TLAR method of finding parts, I guess.. I don't wanna do it again, though.

Oh Yea
1AA_dance2.gif
icon_jam.gif

I finally got the the completion to my collection of IH finest series of cubs the 1x9

a 169

Thanks to forum member Jerry Harvey "nines are wild"

Chris R that 72 is awesome makes me want to do one

Shulzie I love his hat

Don great use for a loader, now I need one

Bill J nice job on the pan

Now for 169 pics it has correct k341 with black paint over the yellow, it has a 128 dash board, and manual lift.

239599.jpg

239600.jpg

239601.jpg

239602.jpg

239603.jpg

239604.jpg

Using the SS was simply a waste. The other thing that comes to mind is what did he do with all of the IH stamped bolts. They're prolly in an old coffee can rusting away...even more of a waste.

I plan to get back on the 1650 today and get it all back together. Then I'll start on the electrical chase. I spent yesterday doing "domestics" around the house and some garden work. It was one of those showers on and off days so little could be planned outside.

I use SS bolts on my cubs but only in one location--the foot rest pads,, that is the only place I found to need them.

Wayne worst yet the bolts probaly got tossed in the trash can

Jeff-

Way to go!!! Are you now going to find a ported pump and add the hydraulics?

As Kraig will probably say...CUBGRATULATIONS! (sorry Kraig)

Now, about that sig line...

Latest posts

Back