• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 31, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, I go out for the day and miss another golden opportunity to remind someone that this is a volunteer forum, and ya get just as much as you give...Man, three whole hours before gettin' PO'd about us "clicky" people has gotta be a record.....especially interesting since the question was in the form of a puzzle apparently submitted on a cell phone with half the keys missing.. <font size="-2">Note to self - must set up Cub oriented Twitter account for same folks</font>

Back to the S/G rebuild, hoping it runs in the same direction as before teardown..

Honest, Harry, this only happens about once a month..
clappy.gif

Dave-I'm running 490489R2 belts and I found a place that is selling em for 10...I'll have to wait till Thursday to see what arrives, but they claim they are cub/mtd belts.

In disassembling everything one more time I discovered one of the deck wheels was quite mangled and the tire was coming off...this is probably part of why I keep slipping off the rockshaft. But I straightened out the wheel and am trying again with old belts.

But I'm curious to know how far over that rockshaft other people's upper tine goes. because even in the best scenario mine only goes halfway over. maybe a little farther with deck raised. Seems not enough.

I find I have a hard time grasping what some people ask or how. Its real hard to have an idea of what is your problems with your tractor from a couple thousand mile away. So If I answer incorrectly ,then I guess the question was not that clear.

Now today my loader gave up working, and its all my fault. I lost the nut that hols the brake in place on the 129 pto.(a double nut would have save me some greif) also the pto belt adjuster nut vibrated off.Again my wanting to use it and not doing the job correctly has cause me some head scrathing
1a_scratchhead.gif
, A loud rattle when the pto was released and the bucket would not lift with out jumping.So here i`am out in the shop now doing what I should have done before.
bash.gif
bash.gif
bash.gif

191503.jpg

I know and I`am real lucky ,because I have a place that will answer my Questions and well some ribbing don`t hurt.

Thanks x100 to all
Later Don

Well that rattle is gone , Some day I will have to finish that 129 loader and put the decails on and repaint a few things.When I get round to it lol
clappy.gif

191509.jpg

Don: You're just living up to your signiture. Your spell check's working better all the time. I see at least 4 bolts missing in your last pic. Enjoy!
beerchug.gif

Your 5:44 pic.

Ooh Boy, i'm not sure I can handle all this stuff = where do I start.

Lanny - as long as this site has been around I think many on here would know if the Kohler for a "Case" tractor would mount in an IHCC, and whether it would have the correct crank diameter for the CC PTO, etc. Since it doesn't seem to have come up my guess would be it won't work. I think I'd head back in the direction of your original oil burning problem with the 1st engine. That oil is going some place from some place - and there are only so many possibilities. I'd still suggest starting again with the head off, rotating the engine to see if the valves open and close COMPLETELY, and also having a good look at the cylinder wall itself for something like a large scratch/scar/gouge (from something like a broken ring).

KenTUCK - red??? don't recall any.

Steve, Dave and Frank - #9 can only go one way BUT it has to be the right way. Yes of course the deep tubes go toward #8 but it does flip 180degrees and still have the deep tubes toward #8. I bet that's your problem. If you look closely I believe you will see the tubes are slightly offset one way to the other. Hope that fixes it.

Wayne - your guess is correct.

Jeff - ya gotta develope your "ole eagle eye" - something I'm known for. Here's a pic that might help you see it's NOT a 129. I know the pic I posted below might have been a little blurry so maybe this one will help
191513.jpg

And NO I don't mean you need to count the cooling fins to see if there are 13 on the Kohler Block.
191514.jpg

Maybe this pic will help - it's a "before" pic when I had removed the engine and a few other things BUT the key is - NOTICE the "169" decal. The 169 is the only Hydrostatic unit that IHCC did NOT identify as Hydrostatic in the decal just above the numbering. I don't have a camera handy but here are a couple more (old) pics that can help cross reference to ID the unit.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (especially old 169's) but they are often resurectted
191515.jpg
191516.jpg
191517.jpg

Wayne S.-

I'm going to vote for eccentric locking collar, because it's the eccentric part of the bore that makes it lock to the collar.

Jeff D.-

If you're going to use that 122, take that seat off and save it somewhere...that looks pretty good from here and you don't want it getting messed up.

Matt,
I will find another seat something more like the replacement on my 125. ( black and semi high back )

I saw one on that "auction site" for stupid money.

Also, I just ran the serial number and it's a May 1966 build date

Harry Bursell (Hydroharry)

That is a real sharp looking 169. Did you add the quiet muffler and the heat shield? I think I could find room here for that tractor.
clappy.gif

Frank C
wrong there are 3 bolts missing! If the 4 was not installed the hood would not stay on lol.
I still hope to find time to take the 129 loader back to the shop that made the mess with the hyd hoses.I told the owner of the business that since it now runs and moves it and a few more of my Cubs will go in the big parade here , with a sign on it stating WHO did the work. LOL He replied ( you better not do that .bring it back and I`ll fix it) . So all new lines will be installed soon.
Phone call! my 12x16 storage shed kit will be here in the am
bash.gif

How do I start a shed raising party
1a_scratchhead.gif

Latest posts

Back