• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 31, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm..scratch that reply.
thumbdown.gif

two minutes later the belt that I have yet to pay $39 for snapped (at least I found where I can get them for $10 since then). The tines had of course come off the rockshaft, which makes sense because there was no logical reason for them to suddenly stay on. If lengthening the tines isnt the answer, perhaps putting my head in the oven is, because I don t know what else to do.

angry.gif

James: This is as good an explanation as I can come up with. Say Thank you, Wayne:
biggrin.gif

By Wayne Shytle (Wshytle) on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 07:59 pm:

Mark G.- Once you get the lock collar and bearing off you will be able to better understand how they work together. The lock collar will only "mate" with the bearing in a limited position once they are both on the crank. This is caused by an offset in the lock collar. The lock collar has the set screw and nut but it also has a hole drilled just so deep to one side of the nut and screw. This hole is for a punch or like tool to be able to turn and "lock" the collar to the bearing by tapping producing an offset pressure. This pressure is maintained with the set screw and nut as a final lock. This may sound a little confusing but once you understand the theory you'll realize the simplicity.
Hopes this helps-Wayne

Justin,
Yes a key would be a great help. I sent you an email to your gmail address in your profile.
Thanks

James,
It does look like the top of the breather is missing. The good thing is that the 122 was stored indoors in the backroom of a car showroom, completely out of the weather.

One more part to acquire.

Ken,
re: .pdf
thumbsup.gif

Frank that makes sense to me. I ran outside and installed it on the end of the crank and voila!
I had been spinning it in my hands expecting it to lock what a thunderhead!!!!
Mine just had the set screw po must have taken the set screw/nut off at some time.
Between you and Ken I might just get this 70 running before dark.

well guys I guess I'm a newbe and not a member of your clique but common courtisy would at least be telling me to get lost that my input or questions are beneath answering I thought maybe having cubs in common you all would be nicer than corvette owners

Dave - I have to agree with KenTUCK - if it worked before you took it apart it WILL work when you put it back together again correctly. I don't think there are any washers, and if they aren't listed in the parts book then there won't be any. I put several of those strong arm lifts together and everytime it was a pain. Keep trying and you will figure it out.

Hey KenTUCK - better go digging in your garage and take yours apart. Don't know who's gonna pay tho.

And another thing (not sure if someone "poofed" my message - but here goes again). That green thing you showed a pic of, served as a pump doaner for this NICE THING!!!. And for you that wonder, check out the hydro pump repair section in the FAQ and you'll see pics of the trunion on that green pump being welded up - but you can bet that pump is now devoid of that green stuff.
191497.jpg

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die, someone always fixes'em

Well Lanny,
I own a '77 corvette and if you want abuse, go venture into corvette forum in off topic. Bring your firesuit.

I'm not sure if a case block is the same as a cub block. Since the case has a broken frame, pull it out and compare.

Jeff
"JRD77VET" on CF

lanny curtis
I missed your question and that happens! The wiring for both are the same and you can switch engines if you like. An engine that burns a quart in a month needs rebuilding I think. But thats just me.Switch engines and rebuild the 14.

Lanny - your question is somewhat specialized, and the info you posted wasn't real clear to me. I don't understand what you mean by a case with a broken frame, unless you're talking about a Kohler case that is used on a JD or other off brand. And as for Corvette owners, yes we are all nicer than corvette owners - just explain your situation a little more and someone is likely to help ya.

Hydro Harry

Lanny - For one we know nothing about Case Kohlers so we don't know if the crank will work with your PTO. Yes it should sit in and bolt up and wire up BUT then we don't know about Case Kohlers so we don't know if the oil pan will sit in the frame.
When someone that does know comes along and reads your question they will answer it ... but in the mean time take your arky ass out of here.

Lanny....there were a bunch of answers to you just yesterday. Weren't there any that you liked?

This forum software isnt set up in a way that is easiest for asking and answering (unfortunately), but thats the way it is. I'm not part of the clique either, I only come when I need help but I almost always get it.

Lanny - before you go away, try posting a clearer message. Now everyone thinks you got a Kohler from a CASE tractor. I'm thinking you were talking about the kohler case (also called the block).

thanks ken I'll take my Arky ass outa here If I can figure out how to unsubscribe you seem to be a tad bit lower than most so hope you have a fine day

Harry - There's STILL some green left ... and red too on the other side , remember ?

And for the rest of the crew , that nice little Cub Cadet that Charlie has for an email link is Harry's Cub that I downsized for an icon then animated it for <u>MY</u> email link when I had my biz website up.
It got swiped by a few ...

Lanny if they arent out of a cub you'd have to measure everything, crankshaft dimensions motor mount holes, the center of the flywheel for the mount. If they are cub engines you may be right.
Wayne what kind of belts are you running cause 10 bucks ain't enough.

Lanny-

When you find out what Kentucks real nickname is you'll understand a little better. A lot of dogs on here bark but very few bite. If you were to ask the same questions about the Case in the "off topic" section you'd get some down to earth answers for sure.

Frank-

Thanks for the second hand explanation. I had forgotten all about it. I still can't figure if it's concentric or eccentric. They both apply (I guess) by definition to the working of the lock collar. I've also seen both used in formal write-ups.

Hydro Harry-

That's one sharpe looking cub. I would guess it doesn't see much grass cutting....

lanney I missed what your mad about. I get the impression it is because your question wasnt answered fast enough or to the point.

well not everyones questions get answered, maybe the person that does know the proper answer is not logged on today.

Very nice 129 harry

James Mc:
rolleyes.gif
Dontcha just love those things that make ya go "DUH!'
Steve and Dave: I'm on a roll, here. Before KENtuck sends you a bill, here's some free insight. #8 from one of my 123's traces out exactly the same, either way. #9 can obviously just go 1 way, with the "deep" opening toward #8. My addition to the subject is to say that the parts of #9 that the bolts go through is 1 and 5/8 inches.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Latest posts

Back