• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 31, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for the picture of the Gold Demo tractor. I think it was Steve or Kraig that posted it. Can you post or email to me?

Paul,
It is possible that the float might have a problem causing the carb to flood the engine at low throttle. Like a crack or it could be sticking. One way to check if the carb is running lean (not enough gas) is to see if pulling out the choke makes it run better at idle. If it runs worse or stops faster then it might be flooding out (too rich). If it runs better it could be a vacuum leak. You could let the engine sit over night. In the morning start the engine and run it about half throttle. Lightly spray quick bursts of carb cleaner at the throttle linkage and the gasket area, etc. If the engine speeds up then you have found your vacuum leak. BTW, you might want a fire extinguisher near by.

Tom,
Is this the one?
35869.jpg

Bruce M - from your post last page regarding your 125.
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Last weekend while mowing with the 125, the engine coughed, sputtered, and died while at full throttle after about 10-15 minutes. Fuel level was okay, vent cap was good. Disengage the PTO, start again, runs fine. Engage PTO, throttle up, engine dies again in a few minutes. Managed to finish mowing by setting the throttle to about 1/4 and going really slow. Lawn looked awful.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
I had the same thing happen to me as well. I wondered if I wasn't running a little too rich to begin with. And given how hot it was this weekend, I wonder if didn't produce a richer condition. I was taught in flight training to lean the mixture at altitude because the air is less dense. High air temperatures make the airmass even less dense. I re-adjusted the carb out on the curb there and all was good. Who knows, maybe the motor had a chance to cool.
dunno.gif
}

Thanks Kraig & Terry....for your responses.

I haven't checked, cleaned, or removed the bowl on the carb in years. The machine gets used a lot during the summer, it's my mowing machine for mine and my mom's yard. I tend to use the 100's during the winter and for tilling the garden.

Anyway, thanks and I'll have to check things out.

Paul

Paul P,
The governor is also going to try to keep the engine running at a constant speed. It could be sticking or worn. You might try temporarily disconnecting the governor linkage to the carb and hold the throttle shaft in the idle position by hand to see what happens when the governor isn't influencing the carb setting. That would allow you to narrow down the problem a little. If it still searches for idle, then you could concentrate on the carb. The idle speed adjustment screw may not be in far enough to keep the throttle blade open, or the idle air adjustment needle may need to tweaked. Remember to hook up the governor linkage again.

Mike F,
How high were you flying your 149?
clappy.gif

(Message edited by bmoore on June 01, 2006)

(Message edited by bmoore on June 01, 2006)

John, if you can get that pdf file to download the info you are looking for starts on page 57.

Tom, Denny, hmmmm a gold demo 1x8/9 Cub Cadet would look good!

Charlie, yeah, or a QL. :eek:)

Hmmm, that looks like a photo of one of Chris B's Quiet Lines, though the color is different?

hi guys iam repairing a 44a deck and i need to know the dimensions on the center anti scalp wheel i want to make one out of solid wood thanks for any info

KRAIG & CHARLIE.. I think a 70/100.... You need the upright flat grill. I remember when I was REALLY Young... early-mid 1960's... Right by the intersection of US Rt 6 & I-80 there was a BIG white house & farm buildings that an Attorney for some company based out of MOLINE lived in..... He was SO PROUD of His '61 Cub Cadet He had it painted Yellow & White and poured a concrete pad out by the corner of the house to park it PROUDLY so ALL could see....He mowed a LOT of lawn with that Cubbie clear into the 70's.

Thanks Bruce....

I'm going to mess with it a little tonight because I have to mow my mom's lawn.

Tom,
I posted a picture of a 826 Demonstrator in the larger relatives, Rock River Thresheree folder. It was taken last September.

Kraig and John..........Thanks for your help.

Can anyone tell me what the blade nuts on the mower deck should be torqued to?

Brien K.-

~2.5" dia. x 6" long, ~1/4" radius roundover on the ends with a 3/8"(?) hole through the center. Measure your bolt just to be sure. The diameter of the roller is an estimate because mine appears worn.

Latest posts

Back