• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 31, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Well I don't think I did to bad with the 147LP deal. All this and 4-5 gal. buckets of misc,parts for $207.00, LOL
35864.jpg

Charlie, was that $207 for the fuel to go get the CC and accessories? That Parker sweeper looks like the one I have, mine is missin the cloth too. How are hte brushes in that sweeper? Mine are missing, chewed off by mice I think....

Kraig & Mo, I had the same problem on a 42" on the 109. The cups need to hold the bearing tightly. Lay the cup on something solid , flange down and using a BFH start pounding on the end to flatten it out. When your done and with the bearing installed, it should look like the 2nd picture Kraig posted, a little space between the cups so the bolts pull it together and hold the bearing from moving. Did this about 3 years ago, still tight.

(Message edited by jgeorg on May 31, 2006)

John, thanks! That sounds just like the suggestion I posted from the archives that was originally posted by "Hydro Harry" but his was in response to a 44" deck bearing, see the post below the one I posted with Mo's deck photos. Thanks for confirming that a possible fix is the same.

Kraig, something I found on that deck when I got it was the bearing cups were mounted on each side of the deck skin, instead of on the top of it mated together. Adds an extra 1/8 or so of slop.

Kraig,
I believe some of the late 42" and 48" decks also had the waterpump style bearings or it was a replacement for the originals. I believe the CPE-2 parts book shows this. My brother's 109 w/42" deck has the waterpump style bearings also.

CHARLIE - I hope You don't attend My Dad's auction here in a couple weeks..... You'd get a WHOLE trailer load of Cub Cadets and parts for $207.

Kraig,
It was only about 90 miles out of the way headin up north to the resort, so it wasn't to bad.
I'll unload this afternoon and take some pics of the sweeper.
I do have a NOS catcher bag ya know,
biggrin.gif

Hi Everyone,

Does this sound like a vacuum leak ? or something ?

My 124's idle seems to run off on it's own. Under power it runs fine, smooth and everything else but when I try and bring her down to an idle it wants to keep going...run high than low....than high again...... and it will eventually stall when it does go to a low idle.

Drives me crazy.

It sounds to me like an intake leak.....could it be?

Paul P.

Paul, check how much slop there is around the throttle and choke shafts where they go through the carb body, it could be time for a carb rebuild.

On a model 1000 year 1975 with 10hp kohler. After I get the carb adjustments done at low idle and running good at WOT. How do you adjust the governer? Messed with the governer when i was have troubles with it running and want to make sure I have it close to what it is suppose to be again.

John, have you checked the Kohler service manual? There is a link to a free download in the FAQ under Question #6. You can get to the FAQ by clicking on the link above or on the one I included in this post.

Wow, 137 pages. Thanks for the fast reply. Hope I find what I am looking for.

i am a new member and i love this site. i am the proud owner of a 109,128, and a 149.you guys have already ready answered a few of my concerns. thanks!

Neil.

DO NOT USE the hydrastic drive oil for the 3235 in the 782 without first checking with your cib cadet dealer.
The HY-Tran and the oil for the new cub cadets are not interchangeable.

John, have you checked the Kohler service manual? There is a link to a free download in the FAQ under Question #6. You can get to the FAQ by clicking on the link above or on the one I included in this post.
Didnt find what i was looking for. The manual didnt fully download for me. So i still need info on the 1975 cub 1000 10hp kohler governor settings.

There's an echo in here...
lol.gif

John - you don't have to quote folks, but if you do, please use the quote formatting tag - see the formatting documentation here...

The PDF downloads fine here. All 14.15MB of it.

Back