• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 29, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a shame when you get the bottles of paint stripper and metal stretcher mixed up!
239516.jpg

Don-

Unless you're trying to "keep up with the Jones" you ought to do like I do and just scalp the grass. My lawn isn't manicured like most and weeds grow back even when cut close. I call it my country yard...just like we had when I was coming up. I never knew my dad to sow any grass seed. It still looks good when cut. I guess on average I cut mine to two inches which is scalping to most. I just have too much to try and keep it at 3 inches or longer.

Check those grounds first thing on the tractors that aren't charging. It's always a good place to start.

The 129 is doing great with that trunion fix and the washers. It's so nice when the tractor doesn't slow terribly when I turn uphill while cutting. It slows a tad uphill and speeds up a tad the other way but acts like it really wants to hold its speed. Now I guess it's back to the 1250. I have the "new" pump on the bench and all of the components for adding the hydraulics almost ready to install.

Be glad you're getting the rain. July and August are coming and rain can be scarce around here during that part of the summer.

Wayne I believe we have the same type of "country yard" and same idea when it comes to cutting height/method.

my current grass set-up is a 129 with a 10hp motor turning a 44" deck

CHARLIE - Took you Twenty-four minutes to get those depth stops going..... What took so long?
1a_scratchhead.gif
biggrin.gif

Somebody with more time than me needs to do some research on these to see if they have one that will work on our Cubs!

Tightsteer

What a great idea!

Don,

Yes, it is..... hyd. lift, rear PTO, creeper, fenders, 3 pt., lights, 12hp, ag tires, and a very good cutting 42" deck....

239520.jpg

Steve B.-

That is one nice 100. The only thing missing is the pretty girl in a bikini.

lurking.gif

It is raining again today so I`am in my cub shop working at my 62 original . I have a no spark issue to solve. Also rear break pads on a 1500 classic that just drove in .
old.gif

That is a fine 100 , wish mine looked that nice.
yikes.gif

Need some opinions here. I opened the ported pump for the 1250 and found evidence of PO stupidity. Someone tried to close this pump without the posts and grooves all lined up. You can see what they did to the guide dowel. There was some sort of gasket sealer around the area too. I'm just wondering if it ever worked.

239525.jpg

So...I go and get another pump housing and found a couple of fins broken. My question here is will the two small broken areas really effect the cooling all that much? The paint is coming off but not until I finally decide.

239526.jpg

I'm leaning towards just using it as is (less paint). Other than the broken areas the housing is fine.

Wayne Shytle

As you know the cover tends to spring back when trying to install it, I would not worry about the broken fins if the paint is removed and you have a working fan on the drive shaft.

I got fire to the coil and to the points on my Original but no fire to the spark plug
1a_scratchhead.gif
and the plug is new and the wire tests good
1a_scratchhead.gif

Wayne S. Donald T. is correct. The broken fins will hurt pride more than functionality of the pump.

Charlie: Thanks for posting the filter cross reference numbers on May 1. That FRAM PH2844 is also used on 70-76 Porsche and 71-76 Volkswagen. Cub Cadet must rank somewhere in between?
happy.gif

Thanks Don and Marlin-

I hate to use stuff with imperfections but hey...

I now have another situation that has me stumped. I was out tilling the garden with the 1650 and it just stalled out. It won't start at all now. It has fire and compression but just winds. At first I was hoping for a rock stuck in the tiller but it was clear. I then removed the air breather and found a lot of oil on that side of the engine. I'm hoping it isn't something internal with the engine. It stalled just like a rock froze the tiller but when I shut off the pto it still won't crank. It's getting late so the garden will be its bed tonight.

Any ideas????

Hey everyone, im new here and i gotta say there is lots of great information here. I just picked up a cc108 with a tiller. im looking for the belt sizes for both belts to run the tiller. pretty sure one of them is 143 7/8 but cant find any info on the other one that goes from the tiller to the gear box. does anyone know what size i need?

Wayne, When you do go back out, turn the engine over by hand and make sure you have some compression.

Anybody ever have to beat a front rim off? This thing is stuck on there.

Dave-

I checked that right off. I pulled the plug and with my finger over the hole hit the starter. It blew back strong. I just went out and squirted some fuel in the carb with zero results. I'm thinking valves now or maybe even a broken cam???

Latest posts

Back