Archive through May 28, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig-
I haven't seen it in a year, it's 350 miles away in storage . . . with all my Cubs.

Since the topic seems to be about motors I have a question. Do the K series 7-16 hp cranks measure out to the same height and they differ by being taller overall. And are the mechanical clutches mostly 1".

Hi, I am a new Cub Cadet owner. I just picked up a 147. The forum seems great. I have a few questions and am not sure I'm asking in the right place. If not, I apologize. But, I am looking for some help. The 147 has electric lift, which occasionally does not work; is there a fix for this? Also, I would like to know if original seats for the tractor are still around. Well, this will get me started on this project. Thank you, -Greg

Greg P.
Welcome to the forum.
And you picked one of the best Cubs to start out with too!
thumbsup.gif

The first thing to check would be the connections at the lift motor and then the switch itself.

It's also a good idea to take it apart and clean the inside up and add new grease. JMHO

Nice loader is that a factoy peice or is that home enginered? Finding one round here has been impossible. The fabrication isn't a problem though.

hello, I think this is my first post, I have a 125 that I had at idle while I was shoveling in up some dirt and then it just shut off, it's been running great for a couple years that I had it. I thought it was out of gas cause it was on a slop, it wasnt that, pulled the plug out cleaned it up, still no start, I also have a 124 so I pulled the plug out of that one and still no good, pulled the plug back out and there is no spark, and I have no Idea where to start, I traced a couple wires, everything looks ok. anyone else had this problem or help me out. thanks, have a wonderful day!!

Mike G: Monday, while mowing with an Original, it just died...quit running...Hmmmm...so I got out the old multi-meter and with ignition on, I checked to see if I had 12v going into the (+) side of the coil...I did...Then I checked to see if I had 12v coming out of the (-) side of the coil...I didn't...coil was also hot. So, replaced the coil and had 12 v coming out the (-) side and still no start...using a points file, I cleaned and with a feeler guage, adjusted (.020) the points. Fired right up an I finished my mowing job. Basically the coil died and caused the points to glaze over...You might try my solution...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Dean S
You aint looking in the right place.
I know of a home built one sitting along a fence row in NC WI.
Lookes real close to this one seen here
58915.jpg

but there is no tractor attached to the one I know of.

On my 1650 brake side the Iso mounts are bad, do to the lack of time can I run the 44 inch mower deck for a couple weeks aprox 20 min. at a time??????

I know that puts a strain on the drive shaft but I got a couple areas the 7264 can not get into which I knew when I bought it.

Really do not want to mow with the 1000 its to pretty and I have been invited to show it at a local tractor show later on.

If you would like you can check out the 7264 over in the CCC MTD forum.

Pops

Latest posts

Back