• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 25, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Jstorma,
What kinda paint are you buyin from your case/IH dealer?
28309.jpg

28310.jpg

Reducer and hardner vary according to what paint and what conditions your sloppin it in. I have heard of some dealers that spray the Ironguard on with nothing added at all.
Yea, I slop mine on.
28311.jpg

28312.jpg

I was looking at some photos last night and I noticed on some QL's the exhaust pipe comes through the grill mesh and others don't.

Is there a reason? i.e. larger engines generate more heat at the exhaust so rather than burning a hole through the grill mesh they stick it through?

Charlie - with that yellow thumb you must be really good a growing the Cubs
happy.gif

Richard Christensen:
When using the 1/16" neopreme for the hydro/tranny gasket what do you try to torque the bolts at when attaching the hydro? I believe the service manual calls for 30 ft. pounds of torque, and that would be if you were using a cork gasket. I don't know how critical this is but I would like to get this right the first time. Thanks.

Dave B.
I hate to admit it but I use a 6 inch long 3/8 th socket wrench and just go by the feel. I've been wrenching for a lot of years and never snapped off a bolt. I grab the wrench about 3/4 of the way down the handle and have a feel as to where to stop. The main thing is all bolts need to be the same and you need to work back and forth till they are. You just need to compress the Neopreme and not squash it out. Thats the way I came up with the 50 inch pounds for the rear plate with the Neopreme gasket. Once it felt right I check the trorque and then I use that setting to check when I am done.

I do use a torque wrench any time I am doing head gaskets or anything real critical. On head gaskets I torque them, then run the engine for 30 min, let it cool overnight and retorque. I do that three times and after that they seem to hold the setting.

All this fuss for gasket part number 350837R3 that sells for $ 4????
dunno.gif

C.P.... $ 3.28 for a 350837R3???? The net from Cadet on these is $ 4.17. Better buy all you can before they run thier new CC pricelist update........right now they are loosing $$$$ on everyone .

If anybody has a photo, diagram or whatever on a 42" mower deck, ID #422U1113 I need it and will appreciate it.
Bill

KEN - But the Neoprene or Nitrile one's don't leak...like the cork ones. Cork is SO Brittle... Even if MTD would spec a rubber filled cork gasket they would seal better. Only thing I've ever successfully seen cork used for was insulation for food processing tanks. In fact I suspect the "HORMEL CHILI CAN" is insulated with cork. I-90/43 in Beloit.
bubbly.gif

Hello All ! New member here, great reading and even better information. I just fell into a deal, at least I think it was. A friend gave me his 67 Cub Cadet model 71, with a snowblower, plow and of course a mower deck. Now Im going to restore this back to it's original beauty. This will be a first time resto of something like this for me, and I'm sure I'll be reading the current and past forums for tips and ideas. Thanks !!

Charlie, the exploded view you posted is of the 48" deck not the 42" deck. :eek:)

I've got about 5 or 6 new Cork gaskets in my cabinet, wouldn't waste my time putting one in a tractor again. Even JD doesn't use cork.

Kraig,
What's 6" amongest friends!
Besides, no more than you can see in the pic, it gives him an idea on what it looks like.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back