• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 24, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gerry-

I just looked at a 682 wiring diagram...with the ignition off, the alternator wire goes into the ignition switch and stops. I'm definitely wondering if the PO screwed something up...I've had enough tractors with PO rewiring that didn't make any sense.

I vaguely remember there being some sort of size limit a few years ago, but I haven't actually run into anything. I intentionally split my carb rebuild into two posts, just in case there was a limit. I don't think I've ever tried to post more than 7 or 8 pictures at once. I've seen Kraig do it, but I know he's got special privileges.

Lanny's (not Lonny's
blush.gif
) pics:
190942.jpg

190943.jpg

190944.jpg

190945.jpg

190946.jpg
smile.gif

Northern Maine shouldn't need air conditioners this time of year.
Waaah - no pic of the 123.
angel.gif

Roy N.-

The style of spindle in the exploded view you posted is the style that came with the deck originally, and looks like an ST-745 with the two steel cups. The aluminum ones are newer (and MUCH better, IHMO) replacements. I'm 99% sure that center spindle is upside down...the aluminum ribbed part belongs underneath. Those spindles are installed below the deck skin; the ST-745s are installed from above.

so Matt what do you think about the wire from coil to points grounding out and eating the coil do you think that would cause it?

The other day we talked about hour meters running after the key was off.

My 1200 timer keeps running untill the engine comes to complete stop

Jeff B.,
In a quiet place, just turn your key to the on position...DO NOT START THE ENGINE....then listen carefully.....put your hand on the hour meter...is it kinda ticking? Can you feel it ticking? I suspect so. Now turn the key off. I suspect the gage will stop ticking in a few seconds after the key is turned off.
Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

Tristan,A Cub Cadet salvage yard will probably have what you need. RF Houtz one of the sponsors,for example, I haven't done any business with them, but have got some stuff from a non sponsor,prices are usually reasonable.

MATT - good eyes in picking out that the spindle housing was mounted on the wrong side of the deck.

I just took apart the center spindle and one outer spindle. None have the 'spindle housing cap' and all use a spindle unlike that shown in the parts diagram. Actually the spindle is more like a bolt. Here are photos of the center spindle. From left to right (top to bottom) is the jam nut, spindle bolt with grease fitting and Woodruff key, double pulley, large cup, Spindle Housing (which contains but not pictured, a grease seal, roller bearing, another roller bearing, and grease seal), a large cup, large/thick bushing or spacer (green from grass), rubber washer, cutting blade, large washer, jam nut.
190977.jpg

190978.jpg

190979.jpg

190980.jpg

190981.jpg

190982.jpg

MATT - Here are photos of the outer spindle. Note the first photo of the spindle on the deck - no spindle housing cap.

From right (top) to left (bottom): jam nut, spindle bolt with Woodruff key and grease fitting, pulley, large cup, grease seal, bushing, roller bearing, [pencil is where the deck would be], ribbed aluminum spindle housing, roller bearing, grease seal - inside the spindle housing and not pictured, bushing, two very thin washers, large cup, rubber washer, [cutting blade not pictured] large washer, jam nut.

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

So this leaves me wondering, do I have some sort of Frankendeck with spindles made by the previous owner? I don't see this type of spindle with roller bearings and grease seals in the parts catalog.

I'm going to mount the center spindle housing under the deck, rather than the top as it is now. That should help the deck belt be aligned with all the pulleys. If that doesn't work I'll leave things as they are.

Back