• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through May 22, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff B.
Non taken man!
Just an observation.
beer2.gif

Tom,

Some storms came by and cooled it down from 96 to 78 degrees. May have to get back out in my cub building!
I did manage to put up 12 feet of shelving in the building this morning. They filled up pretty quick. Gonna need a lot more shelves for cub parts!

By the way, the cats said they like the topic to these threads.

Kraig,

Below is a pic of why the two cats are not inside cats. Cute and harmless, right?
240991.jpg

I know I know, you ask why? This cat was a ferrel cat and was very "troubled." He was obviously abused as a kitten according to his actions and he has a limp. He has progressed tremendously. He no longer will attack and tear you to shreads when you get close to him. He is still skiddish, but is getting better as time goes by. The only thing he still hates is having his toe nails clipped. I weigh 200 lbs. and am not a wimp, but I could not hardly hold that little rascal wrapped up in a towel while the wife clipped his toe nails. He goes WILD! You oughta hear some noises he makes. Would make a heck of a horror movie!

Marty, I have a cat rescued from the back yard. Appears to have been a house cat that got <font size="-2">thrown? </font>out. My wife got him checked out so we enlarged to inside herd. One time he got past me, out the front door and into the neighbors yard. I went over to him to pick him up but he rolled on his back and sounds came out of his mouth that would have scared the most professional animal handler. Told my wife that he needed an exorcism before he came back in! He was back a couple hours later...hungry.

Marty G. Even ferrel kitties need homes also. Fancy just thought of something for the kitties outdoor condo. One of those telescopes so they can further enjoy the view.
240994.gif

Marty, additional thought on nail clipping. If you a 'people' type of clipper they can get scared. There are clippers that have a shearing action, usually used on dogs, but smaller versions for cats. <font size="-1">Many of us know a scared cat is like a exploding pineapple...</font>

Talking about killing cub time, it is now dark. Maybe in the morning when it gets light I can do some more cub work.

Marlin,

A telescope wouldn't work because there are woods all around the house. I think TV may be off limits too, because they may see/figure out how to break out! They would probably get along with Fancy, but the wild monster in our house wouldn't get along with any cat! I think i'll make a guard dog out of him.

Allen,

You don't understand, that cat goes crazy soon as you touch his paw! Even when he is calm like in the pic, you better not touch his back legs! I think someone may have kicked him when he was a kitten and messed up his leg/hip. He also has a limp. He is just now getting to where you can rub him almost to his hip. About 3 or 4 weeks ago, you had better not go past the shoulders! He is improving, just slowly.

Marty-

Nice "beach house" and good for the both of you for giving the indoor guy a sense of being. I hate hearing about the limp; the little guy must have had a hard time. I have a feral cat around here (I think...may be a neighbors). I've only seen it about four times in the last six months. If it is a feral I'd like to do the same thing ya'll are doing because it's the same color scheme as a cat I had to put down several months back. I'm breaking in two kittens right now and a set up like yours would be perfect...especially if I could move it around the yard.

Situations like these just take time. Who knows...they may all get along some day.

Again, good job on the kitty condo. They both look happy and content.

Good luck!

Wayne,

yes, I think they like their new home. Occasionally we let them come inside (upstairs) and play. We put the wild one in another room with the door shut while they are in. They will play for a while, and then......

241003.jpg

This was on their lucky day... bath day! I guess you can tell they didn't mind it too bad.
I'm heading out to get supplies for the cub building!

Marty.."Angel" Here...Wow, your furkids are loving their outdoors condo, huh? I wonder if your creation will spur our kids daddy, aka Marlin, into creating an addition onto our 3 season porch? Actually, if I would get control of the porch again, the kids could be out there and abit closer to nature, Its such a huge mess now, I can't let anyone out there and I know that every misses it, big time. Stinker, who has been a sick little girl, she's 12, is a tree dweller, so she really misses not being out on the ledge..and has to do with sitting on the top of the rocker in our bedroom. What a disappointment for her. }Anyways, its to hot right now, although in the morning they could spend a little time out on the ledge that is the length of the porch getting a higher view of the yard. perhaps this will spur me on. umm, it'll be a lot of sweat, but their worth it((smiles))..can't enlist Marlin as he is working on the newest cubbie he bought, and is trying to get running...sigh.

Oh Wayne..Barney and Millie are just the cutest EVER....

hugs...Angel

Oops... I just read Angel's post so I know what I'll be doing tomorrow morning before it gets too hot.

Here is the reason that the 70 has to go to a new home. I've wanted a tractor like this for a little over fifty years. here is the Pow'r Pup. Dave Kamp brought it from Melody Schutz's place in New York to LeClaire, Iowa two weekends ago.

Dave and the Pow'r Pup. Dave is one of the neatest guys you could ever meet. This picture is for Angel.

board-post.pl

The diamond in the rough Pow'r Pup garden tractor home at last.

board-post.pl

And since I was already so close to LeClaire, Iowa... I stopped by to check things out.

board-post.pl

If I recall correctly the red one is one of Mike's collection and not for sale.
board-post.pl

Inside the store display.
board-post.pl

The other side of the concrete wall is the BP gas station that is right along the highway.
board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back