• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 22, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljones

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Lucas Jones
Stupid archive bug
bash.gif

Been helping my grandparents replace some of their kitchen appliances, yesterday we did the stove, today we are working on the sink.

Old.
239311.jpg

New Kohler Hartland cast iron (HEAVY).
239312.jpg

New stove.
239313.jpg

A thing that majorly kills my cub time? Graduation parties, practices, ceremonies, ect.. Oh well, It'll be over soon.

C.W., suck it all in, enjoy the parties, endure the practices. Years from now you need to be able to say 'I remember when I graduated we ...' whatever 'we' did ! This is your freedom trip, with the hope of good things in the future.
bannana_guitar.gif

From one of the 'senior' members who sometimes suffers CRS ! :)

Had to take the GF to Rockford yesterday for a meeting for her work. She hates driving in any bigger town. It means I'd usually go through the junk yard or used car lots or whatever for 4 hours. Yesterday the meeting was at the Library which has a cool little park area between it and the river, good shade, nice fairly constant breeze. People came and went, one guy sat down (alone) and had a heated conversation with himself, I'm pretty sure he won that argument. Two sisters walked by and acted that (the argument) was the nost normal thing in the world.
The real point of this is a pontoon boat came by and turned around. When they turned around They jumped on it. I knew they had pontoon boats with V8's but I'd never seen one before. It planed up and was doing about 40 mph in no time. In the words of Will Smith "I have got to get me one of these"

Dave the next time you have to wait for her, I can help you out with cub time. I live just outside of rockford and you can come work on my cubs for therapy

Rockford, Illinois. I have a friend who grew up there and has a plaque for delivering 1,000,000 newspapers in his youth.
happy.gif

Frank:

I don't youth deliver newspapers anymore, and its a shame. I'll never forget the three years or so that I delivered the Portland Herald, six days a week and on Sunday --even during the Maine winters. I had an old balloon-tired bicycle with a chain that used every other tooth on the sprocket.

I kept my old newspaper bag for the longest time, well into my twenties.

I'm not sure there will even BE newspapers when my grandchildren come of age.

Jeff, I might take you up on that, next month some time.

Gotta love the SANDBOX. Sold GRIT when it was a newspaper - a GOODNEWS paper, no negatives. I think I made 5 cents on a 15 cent copy. Pedalled my bike (that I got for my 7th birthday) the 6 miles from one end of OxBow to another. Also sold seeds (eggplant didn't sell) and Cloverine Brand Salve. Probably need a permit to do that today.
Speaking of GRIT, I think Hank Will is in control there now. It's a magazine, but still positive and informative.
happy.gif

Jeremiah: Did you just say that you moved from Maine to North Carolina? I told Wayne that that's where I'd move to if I left here. He said he was thinking of moving out - too many outsiders moving in!
happy.gif
happy.gif

"Things that kill my Cub time", like my fridge door that nearly fell off the hinges the other day and required a little bit of tig welding. Or my other favorite; go from next to no job to working seven days a week and never have any time for the Cub (very happy to be employed so close to home though!)
1a_violin.gif

On the flip side, it was nice to be able to go to the Harvester dealer and pay for a brand new fuel bowl for my Mom and Dads H and just have it waiting for them to pick up. Dad would have gotten a brand new manifold for the M if the deal had the part in stock.
cubwinker.gif

Talking about killing my cub time... Right now it's the stifling heat. A couple of weeks ago it was building a cat "beach house." I can't wait for cooler weather so I can get back to those cubs. Here's a couple pics of the "house."

240835.jpg

240836.jpg

Marty, I assume that those are indoor only cats and that's a way to let them safely get some fresh air.
dunno.gif

kinda looks like a POW holding cell

but you did do a good job it looks good

Marty G. Pretty darn nice. Now they need a fan to circulate the air and a TV to watch Animal Planet and American Pickers.

Note to all my comment was meant in jest with NO disrespect to any POW...

Charlie I raise my flag to you and all other former POW

Well, I hope the cats don't think of it as prison. They used to run loose during the day and sleep in a pen at night but.... Long story short, some people don't like cats. Luckily they made it home alive, so I had to make them a house.
They are pretty much outside cats except when it's as hot as it is now. They are currently in their pen in the basement where it is cool.
We call it their beach house because it is up in the air like at the beach. It has 64 square feet of living space with hardwood floors along with a little carpet. No TV or ceiling fans yet!

Seriously speaking,for anyone who has served our country, and especially anyone who was a POW, I salute you and thank you from the depths of my heart.

"Things that kill my Cub time"....95+ degrees and no rain for weeks

Latest posts

Back