Archive through May 22, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone,

I haven't been here for a while... sorry...

But yesterday I got a problem with my 123.
We've been using it all friday and saturday and saturday afternoon I tried to start it and nothing happend. I can hear the relay click and the positive wire from the battery to the relay and from the relay to the starter get very hot, but the starter won't turn.
I can turn the starter by hand (I disconnected the drivebelt), but that's it.

Anyone who can help me please?

Best wishes,

Remco
The Netherlands

Hello everyone. Long time, no post. I have a question about my hydraulic lift lever on a 1450. I've searched the FAQs and done a few searches on the site, but haven't found anything. The roll pin broke in my hydraulic lift handle yesterday. I replaced this several years ago and I recall that shortly after I replaced it, I read something about a clamp-on collar that eliminates the roll pin. Do any of you know anything about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll probably replace the pin again to get it going for now because I REALLY need to finish tilling my garden, but I would like to get one of the clamp-on colllars for next time. Thank you!

Digger,
It seem's like that "service man" on your watch fob has a name, and he was used for/with IH Service advertizing, in Europe I think, but I'm not sure.........<font size="-2">something about age and remembering stuff</font>

Shawn: Hydraulic lift lever upgrade:
It looks like this, from a post by Aaytay on Jan 5, 2009 -- 11:33PM:
152184.jpg

Maybe one of the sponsers has them?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Remco,
Sounds like a short inside the starter, probably the field windings. If you are lucky, the short will be between the external terminal and the frame, which might be easily repairable, but nonetheless, you will still need to remove the starter and dismantle it to see what is going on.

Charlie/Paul,
If I'm not mistaken the back of that watch fob is from a dealer from Mechanicsville PA.??? The IH logo is proudly displayed on his left and the "H" is from the Frank Hough or "HOUGH" Loaders
152189.jpg

Speaking of neat old IH stuff I ran across this keychain from the Osbourne Division. I've NEVER seen one like this before, although the "Corporate" IHC had their version. (The Osbourne is the lower one) Osbourne was one of the several companies that IH bought out in the early 1900's.
152195.jpg

Scott Stanton, I can't email you right now. My email is'nt working correctly. I have a spare column from a narrow frame that I can use. Thanks for the offer though. Everyone on this site is so helpful and willing to share information. It makes this hobby all the more enjoyable.

Remco:
I did a Google on "Delco, The Netherlands" and see that they have had a presence there - hope you can get older parts... Are there many Cubs in the Netherlands - how hard are parts to find ??

Great to hear from those outside the North American continent !! (Hey - where's Graeme? - must be getting ready for the snow down there..)

Latest posts

Back