Archive through May 18, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve-
happy.gif

Hey Matt- I'm thinkin' that the MIL rating for power out of that genset was around 8-10kw. I don't think that model ever had a non-mil derivative, but in real life, you'd probably be able to get 20hp out of that Onan. Quite a few of the Onan liquid-cooled gensets were intended for marine applications. Most were gas, and fit in the MCCK designation, but that was Onan's classic opposed-cylinder arrangement, with water-jackets around cylinders, rather'n air-cooled. You'll probably find that it's governed TIGHTLY at 1200rpm. If you can find the fuel cutoff linkage, and flip it in the other direction, put some diesel in the supply pump's inlet, and roll it over... it'll probably puff, pop, and go. Watch 'yer fingers!

Thomas Hampton
If it was me I would remove the head and clean up the head and the block and replace the head gasket. If it hasn't been done for some time you will probably find a carbon build up around the valves. Kohler recomends doing this routinely.

Check if you see some thing that looks like black soot on the outside of the cylinder under the head which means a blown head gasket. With all the backfiring I would guess you have a blown head gasket.

I am lookng for some basic info on the wiring of the Kohler K 181 ignition. Nothing is hooked up on my "new" toy. It has two wires coming from under the fly wheel along with the wire to the spark plug. How does the points and condenser hook up to these wires. The wire from the points, the wire from two condensers, and both these wires are all hooked to one connector. I have no spark and wanted to check the wiring first. If this is correct, why two condensers and where do I start?

Apologies to United Media, but this seems VERY appropriate around here...

18889.gif

Thomas W.:
Had a similar problem with my 124.
1) I used Marvel
2) Rebuilt the carb
3) But what really helped was a tune up. My points were pitted and off terrible.

David B., with a K181 I assume you have an 86.
18891.gif

Here's Art's back yard with Steve and Ryan at <strike>work</strike>, er, play.
18892.jpg

Dave Ross, I need your mailing address please send it to me via email. seeing as you hosted PDV7 I have a free video I like to send you.

Charlie, I didn't laugh at you, I think you just got nervous about copyright infringement with my 125 and it's SML (Stalk Mounted Lamps). Course, some could say my 125's SML are infringing on the Original style headlights. :eek:)

18894.jpg

Bruce N.,

On your mule drive belt tension question, a crude guide to proper adjustment is if both idler pulleys are in line with each other when viewed from the side of the tractor. I've noticed that on my 1250, this pulley alignment occurs at the right spot (between the notches) on the tension gauge.

Charlie, I need to remove that worthless mirror. The lights and mirror were on the 125 when I got it. I'll eventually remove the mirror, and shorten the mounts so they'll be less likely to catch branches. A large corporation in St. Paul, MN owned the 125 and used it with the Dexter Sweepster to clean off sidewalks. I bet the mirrors (yes there was one on the other side at some point, but it was gone when I got it) were useful to prevent backing over pedestrians. :eek:)

I like the lights, it's the tubing they are mounted onto that is the problem. It extends beyond the lights for the mirrors to mount. If I cut that extra off they will have more clearance, they'll still catch branches but not quite so frequently........ I hope. :eek:)

Hello all. I just took these an hour ago and got them sized. I imagine that they have some interest here, but after some consideration and pouring over the archives for photos that acquaint me better with the cadet world I am seeing that I may have an after market add-on. I also see that the rear end is different than those I've seen here, AND the hydraulic unit is also odd, AANNDD other things... I am really interested in getting this thing ready for a mower deck and a snow blower, thrower (excuse me) and want to know if this can be done, and what models I need to look for. I know no that I need to get literate about these machines (buy a book)but any help you all can give me would be great.
18898.jpg

18899.jpg

18900.jpg

18901.jpg

18902.jpg

18903.jpg

18904.jpg

John, for sure it's an after market add on. The rear end is the normal one.

Do you have a shot from the rear showing how the blade subframe bracket is attached?

Sorry Kraig, I meant to include this one. It isn't too descriptive. It sits where it threw the rod. I hope to have it in the shop this next week.
18906.jpg

I see the lift arm has been removed, is there any sign of a rocker shaft below that slot on the right side of the tunnel? Without that and some way to rotate it you won't be able to mount a rear hitch.

Latest posts

Back