• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 14, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have a wiring diagram from an 1810 or 11 so I can see how to adapt the wiring from my 682 to an M18? I'm particularly interested in this relay that Steve B. told me about. The switch looks the same from a 682 to an 1811, so maybe I just need this relay.

Thanks

Norm B.
We need to know the serial number as both tractors have 2 wiring diagrams depending on the serial number.

Digger,

I bought the engine used and the guy doesn't know. But the spec # 24506, S/N 1625300656
said it came out of an 1872.
Does that help?

Norm B.

Check out WWW.FLORIDALAWNANDGARDEN.COM. they have the WSS PARTS LOOKUP software on their website for every model of CUB CADET made. You can easily check the part numbers for both models of tractors you are trying to modify and the service is free.

Hi all! I haven't been in here in over a year! I was working on the PTO for my 104 today; when I got it in a hooked up, it wouldn't release all the way...what have I done wrong?

Hello everyone:
I have a question for someone. I have looked in the archives but I could not find the answer. The pin in the coupling (on the engine side)the makes the drive shaft turn with the engine on a 129 hydro broke off. I could not punch it out or drill it out, so it must be hard. I finally heated it and ground some of the edges off and it finally came loose.
My question is, what kind of pin should be in the coupler. I am going to rebuild the coupler, and I should have the correct pin. The book does not state what it should be. Would a roll pin work?
I have a feeling it takes a lot of abuse.
Thanks for the help
elamott

Earl -

The CORRECT pin would be the one that you buy from a sponsor or a dealer. It is most certainly listed in the parts manual, but it's most certainly NOT a roll pin. IH-19837-R1

Michael,

Cool site! I found the relay and where to mount it, and you can print out an exploded view. I definitely have it in my favorites. I still think I need a wiring diagram, though, the exploded view doesn't tell me what wires go to the switch/relay.

Thanks for the link!

Well, had a good night tonight, I guess. Went to my local dealer and picked up a hydro filter and a rear end gasket for my 125. Then I tried to get some parts for my #2 Tiller. Asked them if I could order the pulley at the bottom of the gearbox that runs the tiller from the PTO. It would be number 2 in the picture.
28131.gif

And he said that he could no longer order it, but he could get it for the 2B Tiller. Can anyone tell me if these are very different. If anything I will try to go to my local supply shop or to good old Farm and Fleet and see if I can get an equivilent. But I ended up changing the rear end fluid on my 125 and replacing the filter and gasket. Man does she run like a charm, its amazing how much better it runs with just a little bit of simple maintnence. Well that is all for tonight.

Yeah, Charlie. Thats the one. It was not on the gearbox when I got it.

Earl L:

The pin you are referencing is called a "spirol" pin. It is different than a roll pin. Spirol pins are much stronger. They come in different diameters and lengths. You can obtain these spirol pins from any of the Forum Sponsors, your local CC Dealer, your local Case-IH dealer, or some outlets that specialize in these type of pins. See attached pic's for your reference.

28155.jpg

ROLAND - Hydro's are supposed to have a hardened DOWEL PIN at the engine-to-driveshaft coupler, at least that's what Apostle Ken has always sold me... My 129 has a bad habit of spitting them out every so often. Sometimes I can find it and sometimes I can't. The rear coupler on the hydro pump takes the SPIROL pins You showed. I keep a couple of those around too.
CHARLIE - I got a pulley almost exactly like that one sitting home on the workbench.... but the hub on Mine is smaller, and the bore is bigger & tapered. ;-)

What DF said,
1/4" X 1-1/2" Solid Dowel pin. IH-19837-R1
All the sponsors sell'um.
biggrin.gif

BTW DF,
You got the thrower fixed up yet?
biggrin.gif

Digger & Dennis:

I stand CORRECTED....I re-read Earl's post and see what he was referencing. I was thinking of the pins on the other end of the shaft. I apologize for any confusion on this subject.

Keven D......

I'm also in need of that same pulley, so if you find out where to get one can you let me know? I have the same situation...I have everything except the bottom pulley.

Kevin D and Paul P,

I was at the local CC dealer yesterday and that pulley was on the microfiche but wasn't in the price book. I gotta go back today to find out what MTD told them.

Latest posts

Back