• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 14, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<font color="ff0000"><font face="times new roman,times,roman"><font size="+1">Thanks!!!!!!!!!</font></font></font>

28078.jpg

Hey Guys,
I really need a couple of pics if at all possible or even a diagram of how the front blade is supposed to mount to the front of my 102!!! I am pretty sure that mine is set up all wrong!

Thanks!!!!
-T-

I've read some info from the archives. But, still not 100% sure about if the spindle bearings are replaceable on a 50A mower deck. Sounds like the ST 745 is the bearing. Available from C&G. Has anyone done this replacement?

Voltage regulator replacement question. I replaced the regulator and in the instructions it says to polarize the regulator by using a jumper from the BAT to the GEN terminals for 2 seconds. It says "there may be a spark" but this is OK. What if there isn't a spark? How do I know if this worked? I haven't turned the key yet for fear of burning something else up.

Also-Anyone have a hay rake attachment for a Cub? I see there is a sickle mower attachment. What do you do with the grass/hay after you cut it?

Hey, Jeff. If you want to see a beauty of a picture for a 982, go to the Forum Archives and see the one posted on Wed., Nov. 10, 2004. You'll loves those chrome tips as much as I did.

Lisa,

Actually that step isn't even necessary on a starter generator equipped tractor, as it automatically polarizes itself the first time the tractor is started.

Could someone post a pix of the brinly plow setup on a Cub Cadet. I am having a problem with the settings. It won't rise high enough to transport with the plowing setting. It won't go deep enough to plow if I change the settings to transport it. Is there a secret or is it something to live with. Thanks.

Digger, that is awesome! I've seen the farmers around here use those to rake up the hay, but I've never seen a small one for lawn clippings. Awesome! Did you make that yourself? How do you pick it up after you have raked it into piles?

Chuck

Lisa & Chuck,
That was bought at Northern Tool a few years ago.
And cleanup is a snap with a Trak Vac and then it goes through the 59M, and into the mulch/dirt pile for later use in the wife's flower garden and plants.

Paul Brown
Why don't you call C & G and ask them about the spindle? Looks to me like that is the correct one they have but if you are worried, give them a call, just go to their webb site and get their phone number from the (Contact US) section.

You will have to clean up your old upper and lower bearing Cup plates, although it looks like you can buy them too if yours are shot.

I've always had good response from C & G but if a phone call will ease you mind about if the bearing is correct just give them a call.

Had a little fun with the 123&loader over the weekend.
28110.jpg

28111.jpg

28112.jpg

28113.jpg

Not to shabby, all on 1 tank of gas.

Paul Brown:

I just got done refurbishing my 50C deck and I replaced one of the ST-745 spindle bearings. What is it that you would like to know...????

I went on a business trip to Rapid City and the Black Hills last week. I woke up to this Thursday morning. This stuff was like cement. I don't even think the snow thrower mod would have slung this mud. I could have played in it for hours with the one arm loader but I left it at home.

Charlie, cool rake. I need one of those. You know what they say "If you cant buy, it borrow it".
thumbsup.gif
(or is that the other way around?)
whistling.gif

28119.jpg

28120.jpg

28121.jpg

28122.jpg

Latest posts

Back