• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 14, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
brien k,
It's there now.
thumbsup_old.gif

I have a 86 that's getting a K321AS motor put in it. I want to use the ring gear starting and stator charging system(s). Has anyone done this? Does anyone have a wiring diagram? 86 is a 4H project for my Son. Would a quiet line wire harness do the trick?
Thanks for any help.

I had a Cub 70 follow me home last week and there is a small leak in the Gas tank on the Right side bottom. It looks like someone attempted a repair here previously and it did not take. I would like to replace the Tank if I can find one. I do not see one at our Sponsors, any suggestions? If I must repair what is the best way to do this?
Thanks, Herb

Herb,
I used a product called Kreem to repair my tank. Most motorcycle shops especially Harley dealers carry the stuff. When complete, it lines the tank completely and works very well.
Bill

William Smith, to answer your question on carbsI don't think you'll need to do anything to the main jet. the 14 carb has a 30 MM 15/16 venturi while the 12 hp carb is only a 26mm venturi. having a larger bore would give you more vacume through the smaller venturi. thus pulling more fuel through a smaller main jet. with the larger carb the vacume draw at is decreased at the main therefore you need a larger main to get more fuel into the engine. so what I'd do is put the 12 hp carb on , get it running, turn the hi speed jet out till it sutters from being to rich. shut the engine off then count how many turns in the hi speed screw will turn in. if its under 3 1/2 turn you'll be fine. if its more or if you can't get the engine to sputter from being to rich then you'll need to drill out the hi speed jet tube. hope I didn't confuse you. good luck.

Steve B.

Got the M18 engine and worried about burning out the module you mentioned. Where and what kind of a relay to I need? How does it wire in? Guess I need a wiring diagram from an 1810 or 11 to see how to adapt the wiring from my 682 to the M18 if anyone has a copy?
Also, since this has the remote oil filter, is there an adapter that can be installed on the side of the engine like the later models or was that rig built into the block?
I want to run a compression test of the cylinders, how do I hook up the starter just to turn over the engine?
So many questions...

Appreciate any help, really would like to get this goin'.

Thanks

Norm you can just take some jumper cables . hook the + up to the post on the starter and touch the - to the block at a good ground and it will engage the starter. don't hook them up at the engine and touch to the battery , it may go boom if it makes a spark

Don,
Thanks for the help. Makes perfect sense, last thing I want to do is run her lean and toast the exhaust valve. Hopefully will find out tomorrow if it is ok as is or if I have to drill her out.
Thanks,
Bill

Thanks Don,

Probably thought that was a dumb question, but I just don't want to burn anything up. Glad to hear from you.

Michael Wells,
The Cadet 95 Electric (not Cub Cadet) was built in 1974 (s/n 7501 - 8922) & 1975 (s/n 8923 - 10880). Depending on condition it could be a great show piece, though some parts may be hard to come by.

Ah, what a good Cub day yesterday! I got to use the 125 to mow, the 147 to till, and the 109 to try out the Brinly box blade I just put together yesterday, also. I got the blade at Home Depot in an opened and taped box. It was missing the weight brackets and one bolt, but since they sold it to me for five bucks, I think it was a pretty good buy. Now I need to figure out a place to store it.

I'm trying to set up a spring assist on my 70, the Brinley type. Don't know if I have the wrong spring or not. The one I have is the same as on the IH assist. It seems too long and too tight for the diameter to fit. Anyone have some info on this?
Thanks Dan}

Look at what followed me home today!
See next post for fhoto maybe...
Looks bad, but I put the jumper on the starter & the engine turned right over and sounded like it has compression. It sat in a barn for the last 5 or 6 years. Note the creeper gear option, and spring assist on three point! Don't know what I'll do with it yet. Looks like a parts tractor to me!
happy.gif

(Message edited by jlang on May 15, 2005)

<font color="ff0000"><font face="times new roman,times,roman"><font size="+1">Can a front main seal on a Kohler K301 be replaced without having to take the crank out of the engine? Thank you!!!!</font></font></font>

Trying to find some pictures of a 982 Cub Cadet. If anyone has any and they'd be willing to post them it would be greatly apppreciated.

Latest posts

Back