• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 07, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary I have a couple comments about questions 3 and 4.
The crankcase breather can be the cause of wierd drips of oil. Anouther thing to look at is the QL series uses rubber motor mounts as those mounts get old and break down it allows the engine oil pan to rub. It can wear a hole right through the pan.
On the deck belt not holding, normally those belts will hold enough to kill a 14 horse engine. either your mule drive or deck belt tighteners are weak or froze up.

Greg, the yellow brackets are for mounting the engine/blower for a lawn vac system. It is an older one that was made in Lebanon, IN. It still works great. The wagon/cart is a #4 IH trailer. I bought it probably 8 years ago. It was mounted on a 1450 then. I had to make two slots for mounting it on the 782. There is a little bit of difference in the height from the hitch plate to the mounting holes on the frame.

225080.jpg

225081.jpg

I DID hit the enter key after each picture. So what else are you supposed to do?

Hit it before and after each picture. You can still fix it.

Gary-

Everything the guys have said is good, especially Charlies advice with the manual.

I'd be willing to bet the tractor shakes and the iso mounts are shot. I've heard the only reason for a zerk to go bad is not using it. This can say a lot about the condition of the steering components. The spacers in the ends of the axle can freeze with rust yet the steering still works, just not as well. It sounds like it had a carefree po for at least a few years. The axle channel is probably spread some too. These are just things that happen to 30+ year old tractors.

Just read the manual like you're going to school....you will be tested.

Good luck.

I just recently bought an 86. i have the deck installed, now i would like to know how the deck engage lever attaches the arm behind the grill which attaches to the deck to engage the belt. I also would like to know how to attach the belt to the engine as well as deck.. Thanks}

I think this must be the spring for total tear down on the 122. Dash tower finally broke off all the way around, nothing holding it on but the steering shaft.
yikes.gif

Brian B - Total teardown sounds pretty drastic. Have your considered duct tape or JB Weld?
err.gif

D Trigg,

Looks pretty decent, I'd let it go and reassemble.

Lipp, It's his steering console. Duck take won't work there, think bungie cord.

DAVE - My old 129 was held together with bunge cords & tarp straps when I got it. They work pretty good!

I had that same problem with the K301 in it. The flywheel was missing five of the twelve blower vanes for the cooling air, ALL in a row. Yep, it vibrated a bit until I got a new flywheel in it. The steering column cracked around all four holes. I made some patch pieces and had DAD braze them onto the bottom of the column and I'm sure it's still running somewhere.

782 backfires through exhaust for a little while, then runs fine the rest of time. Does this sound like sticky exhaust valve???

Dennis,
You could've broke 5 teeth off the other side.
That would've smooooothed her right out.
err.gif

ROD

Thanks, Steve.
I thought it looked ok; but it's always good to
get other opinions. Now I'll try adjusting the
clutch. I love being able to print illustrations
from the parts and manuals pages.

It sure is easier, Allen; and to think I was
rubbing the paper with wax for a image.

Latest posts

Back