• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 06, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got an email from a lurker asking what held on the front PTO pulley, so here it is again.
56317.jpg

Well, After owning TWO Hydro's I finally get to rebuild the hydro linkage per the FAQ # 14. After mowing about an hour with the 982 Saturday the Hydro started acting REALLY weird....like full speed forward while still in reverse!
screwloose.gif
Drove carefully to the shop and pulled the tunnel cover and ALL the springs were gone and the outside edge of the actual hydro lever was totally gone! Little work with some rubber fuel line & some nylon tie straps and it worked MUCH better than it has for the last couple years to finish mowing. I GOTTA get one of the old gear drives ready to mow! Son now has ANOTHER welding project to do!
Side comment on the forum activities of last week.... The reason I've enjoyed this forum over the last 7-8 yrs is because of the rules and the way they're enforced....no "What's it worth" posts, No "First, Second, Third" posts, etc. Nothing stupid. There's other forums for that nonsense....I don't have time for that and I won't post on those forums...I may read them when I have time but never post. What a Cub Cadet is worth is ONLY the business of the Seller & prospective buyer.
RANDY M. - I bought an ATV sprayer about 12-15 yrs ago that was supposed to strap to a cargo platform of an ATV....I just set it in My cart & spray with it....only 15 gal. cap. but the pump & stuff is the same as the sprayer You have. I just bought the HYPRO roller pump yesterday to make Me a bigger one...I think it'll end up on the CAT. O 3-point on the 982 when it's done. I broadcast spray for broadleaf weeds & I wasn't able to get My new crabgrass herbicide down this spring...It's pre-emergence and the crabgrass is already sprouted. I'll just use My ATV sprayer for spot applications of ROUNDUP from now on. New sprayer is going to be about 50 gal. cap.

Thanks for the input on the shreader and the gen set. The generator would be nice to have but in reality probably not real practical. I should think about a tiller and a loader tractor first. I had to use a front tine walk behind yesterday at the mother in laws, now I know why they hang tillers on the back of a tractor. Gota go.
Shift.gif

I've been in contact with a former co-worker who just joined the Forum after reading it for a few years. I'm not going to give away his identity - he's a little hesitant about posting, but let's put it this way - he and his family have a "few" IHC products, including a bunch o'cubbies (some of the big red stuff has been featured in Red Power..).. I've told him that pics are always welcome and I'm going to twist his arm by posting the two pics he sent me.. I think he should show us more - right??
56322.jpg

56323.jpg

Note the stalls for the Big Red ones...carpeted
To get the rest of the last picture, we'll have to ask him for it..
ihrotate.gif

KENDELL - TOO Many REDPOWER Regulars over Your way to guess who He is....Tell Your Buddy to post away!

Hey Dean,
I just finnished setting up a 1a tiller on my
125. I've been using an old Sears front tine
tiller myself forever. You won't believe how
well these tractors till. I wish I had this
set up years ago.

Kendell,

I appreciate your introduction and will post some IH Cub Cadet pictures in the near future.

Mike

Terry,
Love the pictures you posted, hopefully I can get my 147 setup like yours, the one with the hydraulic arm, ya would'nt want to trade would ya? hehehehe just kidding but I hope I can get mine set up like yours

hey there folks gota question maybe way off topic but any body out there willing to help me get a small generator up to MI from viginia?Linden actually ?any help is great thnx

Greg p.
What about posting your want in the,
Need your IH Cub Cadet or related equipment hauled somewhere? Section?

Terry B. is that a homemade stack on your tractor or did you buy it? I've been looking for one similar to that.

I was mowing on Friday, and when I was mowing a flat part of my yard, my cub labored, and then died. It took a few minutes to cool off/start up again, and then it was all hunky dory. It has done this on hills before, but never on flat ground... WTH is it??

Jim- my old man has a hydrolic drive tiller for the green tractor in his stable. He said he didn't want to walk, now I know why. I thought he was just being a whimp, now I know otherwise.

Terry- how much work was it to build your cadloader and how easy is it to remove for snowblower and shreader work?
ihrotate.gif

Mike "M", Bubba, and/or Brad "D",
Do you guys have anything to share with the class from yesterday????

Jackpot!!!!!!!!!! 149 with tiller, mower deck, front blade, and snow thrower!
This past Sunday I was looking through my locale classified ads paper when I saw a 149 with implements at an auction. So I went to the auction and there it was, a 149 that was in need of a restoration but all the parts were there. It got even better when I saw the implements that were being sold with it. There was a rear teller, 42" snow thrower, 42" front blade, and 42" mower deck! All of them were in restorable shape with no rust holes or damage. I ended up wining the bid and got the whole works for
$200! While I was loading up I heard the auctioneer say that he had found some manuals to go with it. I turned around and walked back to where he was and he handed me the original operators manual, a blur ribbon Kohler engine service manual, and a blue ribbon chassis and equipment manual. He was going to auction them off separately but figured that they should go with the rest of the package. I couldn't have gotten any luckier. I will get some pics of everything this weekend.

The reason that I won't have pics before the weekend is because the tractor and implements are in Northwestern, WI which is about 3 hours from Rochester, MN where I live. I won't be up there untell Friday night.

Tom,
Are you talking about the auction at Buck's on Sunday??? Well a 184 with a deck went for $2400. A 184 with a deck and a Kwik-Way loader went for $1850. And last but not least an 882 diesel went for $1200.
Now if your talking about the new turbo on Travis' former tractor,then I still have a grin on my face. There is video and pics that Mike M has. That tractor walk that plow right down the furrow. Turbo spooled up and no loss of power.
I should be able to keep up with Big Steve in the deep plowing category.
Lets face it, plowing with a Diesel is COOL!!!!

Latest posts

Back