• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 06, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
John H.
The only dumb questions are ones that are never asked!
56279.gif

I have a Cub Cadet lawn sprayer, model#190-537-100. It is a 25 gallon with electric pump. Trying to find out any info on it such as age, manual,pictures, etc. on it. Can't seem to find anything about it sufing on the net. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Randy M.
More than likely you have something made by or for CCC/MTD. But without a picture, it's hard to say.
Also, according to the Parts Lookup button listed above, that PN belongs to nothing they have listed.

Way off topic, but I did haul the seed auger wagon with the 1650, LOL
Ran down today and checked one of the fields I planted a while back, not to bad for not having much rain up this way lately.
56281.jpg

Randy M: Charlie didn't get enough coffee this morning....Click on the CC Parts icon above. When it comes up then click on Model (upper left of screen) then type the word sprayer in the search blank....Click search ....Guess what 25 gallon model 537 sprayer comes up....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

I saw that one Myron, even saved the pic, but I went by the entire PN instead of the real Model number in the middle.
biggrin.gif

56283.jpg

Chris B.

The 12 Horse should fit right in to the 73, I have a 12 horse from a 125 i believe in my 73 and it was just a regular bolt in, the only thing you may need is the drive line parts from the 73 so you can attach the clutch and drive shaft to the 12 horse, since you are going from the hydro to gear. But if you are just swapping motors from the two tractors, you should have all the parts you need. And now the 7 Horse on the 125, i'm not sure I would recommend it, IH put 10 horse as the minimum engines on hydros for a reason, it would probably move the tractor, but you wouldnt be able to do much with it. Im sure others will chime in with some opinions

Charlie,

I dont know, ive hear some pretty dumb questions before, especially when you work with the public
clappy.gif

John H.

I suggest that you don't try and use miracle stuff on the engine, I assume that you are talking about your 1650, and you don't want anything to happen to that block or the motor to turn into a gernade. It is just safer to put it out of commision for a while and take the time and spend a couple hundred bucks and rebuild it, trust me you would rather do that than have to spend the 1300 bucks for a new block. Just my .02

Ok, the set screws will have to wait till tomorrow. Here's another one my 106 while running hard for awhile seems to loose substantial power & actual stalls.

WHY? I never had a cub do this! Yeah, my FLEET as my wife calls it needs help.

Thought I'd report back to the group in case it might help someone else. To recap, I had a problem where my 147 would get hot, then suddenly start running really rough with a valve tapping noise. I noticed a little smoke coming from the valve breather under the carb. When the engine cooled, everything returned to normal. The consensus here was either carbon build up or a stuck valve.

I pulled off the valve breather cover this morning and the first thing I noticed was oil pouring out. Seems the previous owner didn't pay attention to the word "top" on the breather plate assembly (the drainage hole was on top). I cleaned everything out and used a hypo syringe to squirt a couple of drops of Marvel Mystery Oil at the base of the valves. I also put an ounce in the tank and an ounce in the crankcase. I don't usually use miracle treatments, but thought it was worth a shot. And it worked! In fact, it seemed to run a little better than before. I still may try spraying a water mist into the intake to try to get rid of some of the carbon - there's probably a good bit and I won't have time to take off the head for a while. Anyhow, thanks for the advice and suggestions.

Chip Stewart

Ok, so I got my 106 PTO clutch back together and working yesterday. It took a couple of tries to get it so it would disengage. I noticed that the drive pulley (the part with the pulley that drives the Starter Generator and has the cup for the PTO drive) has a fair amount of wobble to it as it turns, like it's bent. Should I be concerned? Replace it? If so, how do I remove it? I know there are two set screws. I removed them, but the pulley wasn't about to slide off the crankshaft without a serious amount of force. Thanks!

Chris B. - 12hp will drop right in. only challenge will be the choke bracket is sometimes different on the 7hp & 12hp. I have a 12hp from a 126 in my 71, and it is the best plowing tractor, period. Better than the 1872.

Do you guys know where I can find Cat 0 weld on ball ends?

Rob

I helped my Mom remove some dirt today. She is going to put in a brick patio. My Daughter took a couple of pictures.
56299.jpg

56300.jpg

56301.jpg

56302.jpg

56303.jpg

56304.jpg

56305.jpg

56306.jpg

56307.jpg

56308.jpg

56309.jpg

56310.jpg

Terry - Nice job. I love your fronthoe/loader setup, and it's very cool to see it in action. The lilac removal project you recently posted was impressive, but I'm particularly impressed with your (mom's) patio prep job. Very professional! Thanks for sharing.

Hi Kevin & D Ryan, thanks for the advice. My plan indeed is to make a powerful plowing tractor out of the 73. I also someday would really like to have a creeper gear too (probably just only to have it!) It is kinda a bummer to take my 125 out of commission, but it is long in the tooth except for the cool hub hydraulics & engine which has tons of snort.

Terry awesome job! I should have jumped on it when mom mentioned her plans. You got all the fun!

Gentlemen - I'm neither brain surgeon nor rocket scientist, but I'm also not stupid (despite any rumors you may have heard if you know my bride!). I very clearly recall reading my question and the answer - and not too long ago. But I'll be danged if I can find it, either by 'Search' or by browsing the FAQs & CUBFAQ.com.

My question: I picked up a QA-42A snowthrower at a local auction this weekend and want to use it with my 782. I know I need to replace the pulley with a 5/8" pulley to match my PTO, but are there any other changes required? What's the difference between a QA-42A and QA-42B?

I also have some other specific questions about it, but want to first find out if the info is already out there somewhere, just hiding from me.

Latest posts

Back