• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 04, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balbrecht

displayname
Brian Albrecht
Three weeks ago we had over a foot of snow. Wednesday I looked at the lawn and thought I might have to mow this weekend. Emergency mower care package delivered. I did get an extra snowblower belt just in case.....
dunno.gif

Brian, I still have the QA42 and Windbreaker cab on my 125. I'm hopeful that the risk of snow has now passed, but I'm going to wait another week. Hmmm, I'm trying to figure out what the pile of wire nuts are for with regards to a Cub Cadet...
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif

Kraig, I've gotten to the point where I simply have enough machines that I no longer have to remove anything from a machine other than my tiller. I have two machines for mowing, one for throwing snow, one for plowing snow and one to pull around my lawn cart. And sometimes I get to use two at once, like today when I found the model 100 mud traction limit while transplanting trees.

320386.jpg

Whoa, that ground must be really soft! Was the 70 able to extract the 100? What kind of trees are/were you planting?

I'm trying to get info on adjusting the toe in/toe out on my Original. The right from tire wears to complete Yul Brenner, while the left is perfect. I used to adjust this on my 59&66 VW Beetles with a stick, but forgot how to do it. You would take a stick and cut it to a certain length and measure the inside tire to tire distance. I'm assuming that the Original front end is a kingpin setup, just like the early VWs were before they went to ball joints.

My son thinks the spindle on that side was welded on crooked, and not at a 90 degree angle. My buddy who has a brand new IH tractor has the same issue with his right front tire. No, our wives haven't driven our tractors and hit curbs with them!

Can anybody help me.

Thanks

If you are just trying to adjust toe setup. The easiest way I know of is to have the front lifted off the ground a little bit, then spin the tire while holding a pen/pencil/nail anything to scribe a line onto the tire center. Then take a measurement at the front side of the tire and then do the same at the rear side of the tires at the same height. compare the numbers and adjust the tie rod as needed to give you the desired toe.

EMERGENCY!!!!
I have lost or misplaced the ONLY KEY I have for the 882.
Does anyone have a spare I could use to copy and have an extra or 2 made?
Thanks!!!
Dave Schwandt

David I have spares that came with my 1450s...if there the same your welcome to it

David,

Is the 882 key just a standard Indak key, like the Red 82 series and Quietlines used? If so up can pick those up at just about any farm store or TSC, since it sounds like you need the tractor today. The sponsors sell them, but shipping is involved...

For example:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rotary-ignition-switch-key-2932?cm_vc=-10005

Or, if you have another tractor that has the same key, it will work just fine.

Mr Aytay, welcome!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif
Good to see that you've signed up here.

<EDIT: How much camber do the front tires on your Original have? While there isn't any adjustment for it it might be something that is off due to excessive wear or abuse from a previous owner. If there isn't much, the spindles might be worn in the cast iron axle. You could jack up the front and check for slop in the spindles. A shim under and/or below the cast axle where the spindle is could take up some slop and help. Hopefully the hole isn't "egged" out.>

Here's some info from the manual:

320388.jpg

320389.jpg

The 882 keys are stand alone for the Kubota's same as the 1512's and some of the other diesels according to the parts books.
I have some coming from the Kubota dealer.
Thanks guys, I should have checked there first.

Shoot Dave,
If I had seen this alittle earlier, I have an extra one or two laying around that I would have sent you for free. Hopefully the ones from Kubota didn't set ya back too much, prolly under ten bucks I assume. Now if you would have tried to get if from CC, they would've hit ya with their 300% markup, LOL.

When I set to, I just use a tape measure front and rear of the tires on the same tread mark each time.

My ‘62 Original got to hang out with the new Cub Cadets at the local Farm & Fleet store today. They were having their annual Cub Cadet Ride and Drive event and asked me if I would like to display an old one. My Cub Cadet was envious only of the new Cadet’s cup holders and tilt steering wheels!

320397.jpg

Paul, that's a beautiful Original!
greenthumb.gif

I hauled mine home from the farm to do some yard restoration work to clean up after the excavation from the geothermal install. There's a bunch of sandy subsoil that I need to remove.

Here it is after a couple of passes.

320399.jpg

320400.jpg

After a single pass over the entire area. I'm dragging the subsoil down the slight slope to a pile. I'll need to get out the trailer and haul the pile away then grade another bunch off and repeat until it's a few inches down. Then I can get a load of top soil to spread over the area and seed it.

320401.jpg

Paul T.
That's the way to show'um up man!!!!!
Well done!

I just can't get my brain to like any part of those XT1's 2's and 3's.

Latest posts

Back