• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 03, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike B:
If you really want to know the serial number of that "O", find a retired cop that worked auto theft. There were several ways of raising the numbers that had been ground off, especially stamped numbers. (The stamping impacts more than the surface metal). Used to be a lot more crooks attempted that, but once the engine numbers stopped being put on titles, and VINs started getting hidden all over the cars, the practice kind of died out..

Hello; Does anyone recognize what this is or what it fits on? I picked it up this winter with a qa36 blower. Seller did not know what it was either. Thanks.
83528.jpg

Todd H.-

Wiring is not my thing, but as long as the mag's grounding wire isn't grounded, it can run. You can put a screwdriver across the two big terminals of the solenoid to bypass the start function of the ignition switch.

You'd prolly be better off getting an 1811 ignition switch and harness if it's that far gone. The switch is completely different, and the harness slightly so to take care of the ignition type differences. You could rewire it, but you'd need a different switch or a relay at a minimum. I'd just buy a new, correct switch from an 1811 and rewire the tractor with the 1811 diagram.

does any one have a link for a site that has Carburetor rebuild kits for a cub cadet 1250? I believe its the k301 engine
~thanks

Thought that I would post a few pics of my latest find ... It was in my back yard so to speak Will also fit on my 1450 for winter and make moving snow fun again .
83539.jpg

83540.jpg

No more of this
83541.jpg

83542.jpg

Rob, who made that cab...or is it home made? I've never seen one like that. Looks good.

Latest posts

Back