• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 03, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John,

Maybe your rings are a little stuck from your cub not being run for so long.

Hey, Mick: Is the belt on the PTO? If not, how's the engine turn over without a spark plug in it? How's the starter/generator turn with the belt off (or loosened)?
dunno.gif

hey i have a carter carb off my cco the choke is stuck open any ideas on the best way to loosen it up?

Have any of you guys ever seen an original front axel with this style. I have some that have roll pins in them. There is also a picture of the serial number that I cant make out. Thanks
83511.jpg

83512.jpg

83513.jpg

Tim D
I had a similar problem, get a gallon can of carb cleaner and soak for awhile. mine sat for a few days and I cleaned the heck out of it too. What I got is a paint style metal can made by gunk, bought at the local farm supply store. Should probably beable to get at an autoparts store too.

Mike B. Welcome!!!!
wave.gif
About that Orignal. Any other characteristics that seem unusual? Don't do anything with it until Mike and I get there. Should be in the next three weekends. Maybe I can convince him to get it. (Or if'n it is one of those rare prototypes then I'll take it.
biggrin.gif
)

Can you guy's tell me how to lubricate the chain drive on my #2 tiller?
dunno.gif
I have not been able to find a plug or zerk yet. Thanks in advance....

So manny gardens so little time left..
taunt.gif

what will make my engine cut off all of a sudden and not crank back up? no fire at the plug. how do you check the coil on a 12hp?

Someone probably stole that tractor at one time, the only reason I could see to grind the #'s off
dunno.gif

Donnie, do you want to grease the chain ? IMOP I wouldn't use grease on a chain, I use Chain Wax. It sprays on liquid and dries to a wax. We used it on our race bikes and liked it. It doesn't collect dirt like oil and grease does.

Donnie H.
You don't unless you want to take it all apart, the grease inside is more than likely just fine since it's been sealed since it was made.
The only reason to worry about the grease is if it's been leaking for many many years, and even then it's not likely to be low enough to hurt anything.

unfortunatly, I don't know alot about points style ignition, so all i really can do at this point is check the plug for spark...

Been trying to install my 3 pt hitch on my 125.
Where does the "plate assy, lift bar attaching"
#3 bolt to?
83523.jpg

Bruce M, butchered wiring. I am also not familar with the x82 series at all. I am sure that there was some wiring diff's from a series I to series II, and even the swap to the Mag 18. But the wiring I found on my 682, was far from neccessary. Unless, you were not to use the ignition switch(unplugged), starter solenoid(bypassed), and a hot wire running from battery positive to the electric PTO. Other than that... the wiring looks ok

frank the belt is on i think the pto is messed up it squeels loud and chirps while running i need to see some pics of a normal pto i think mine may be broken

Todd H.-

Series I and II have coil/points/condensor like the K-series, while the Magnums have electronic ignition. That's why it's not using the ignition switch. Whatever you do, DON'T apply power to the grounding wire for the mag. There are some wiring differences. Since your harness is shot, I'd try to find a harness from an 1810/1811, as that would hook up to the motor correctly.

Kraig:
Do you have any pics of front wideframe suitcase weight brakets made from mule drives? I need to add 3 or 4, 41 pound suitcase weights to my 149. I have an extra mule drive or is that the wrong way to go? anything you have would be appreciate!
Thank you
Paul A

Matt G. is it possible to get a wiring diagram for a 1810/1811 and still be able to use the 682's original harness? I feel dumb asking, but how do you start/stop the engine without an ignition switch? When I think of an ignition switch on a cub, I think of the key switch?... I HATE WIRING of any kind, but if I have the correct diagram I can figure it out....eventually
Confused in x82 series land.....
bash.gif

Outside of jumping the starter solenoid, so the engine would turn over for a compression check, I have not dove into any further wiring checks.

Latest posts

Back