• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 03, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doe anybody have a link where I can download a wiring diagram for a 682. The PO did some major wiring butchering and I am sure the hornets nest under the dash pedestal didnt help any. I checked the FAQ, but didnt get anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Need the install instructions for a rear PTO for a 126. I have the copy for a 100,122 (thanks Kraig). I have to drill holes in the side for the handle and I want to make sure I do it correct.

Todd H.
I don't mean to sound rude, we'll maybe just a little.
biggrin.gif

Did ya ever think about checking the FAQ pages and really look?

Gentlemen:
I checked both FAQ's and my manual but I need to know how to install the Quick Hitch springs on my 149? These are the spings/clips that help hold the mule drive on I hear there is a trick to it. Can someone help me out? Also does the 149 have a ball bearing in the front or rear of the driveshaft?
Thank You!

Digger Thank you!
You guys are GREAT this is the best website online.

Charlie, thanks for the smack in the back of the head(no sarcasim implied), I NEED one every now and again. I have a case of new to me cub fever, and I am anxious to get my 682 runnin. I overlooked your FAQ'S page and set my self up for the "Question Not answered here" Check out......Thanks for both, the smack and the info
wedgie.gif

Charlie:
By the location of a critical component in this snapshot of the "new" 149, looks like I'll be using #60 myself..
83491.jpg

I'll also be referring to Faq #25 - those aren't high speed u-joints the PO put on it,
I'm hoping the pump shaft hasn't been boogered up..
83492.jpg

83493.jpg

Todd H.

Glad to see you aren't going to part her out. I'm getting ready to pick up a 582 that cosmetically is a mess but the engine is solid. It will be my wife's. Hope to have it looking almost as good as my 782.
83496.jpg

Steve,

I was just thinking how impressed I was with the 782's power the other day when I was mowing some really thick grass. Didn't even phase that baby. A really old post of your's inspired me to add a remote oil filter and oil pressure light to my Series II. Looks real good and managed to make the light look factory on the 782 dash.

Adrian, no parting out of IH cubs going on here. In my neck of the woods they are to scarce to part with.

Like my last post, I am anxious to get the 682 running. This will be my first time runnin a (cub) hydro and more than a 12hp engine.
ihrotate.gif

By the way, great looking 782
thumbsup.gif

Look what followed me home:
83499.jpg

Not yellow, but kinda close to IH red? It's been a good day. This bull got moved from Vermont to Northern Maine in about 9 trailer hours. Life is good.
bubbly.gif

Hello All---

Haven’t posted for quite a while. Health problems, wife broke a leg last May a lot of hospital time and re-hab with her. And this year I have been fighting an infection in my arm after a bout of bursitis. Got to spend some seat time today, first time since April last year. Scott came over last weekend and helped me get my cubs ready for this year. I did post last year that I picked up another 149 but never got to do anything with if. Today was my first time in the seat and got some good use from it. I did have to give up with it and finish with my 782 after I noticed something that didn’t look right. While running at WOT I saw smoke coming from the oil dip stick tube. This has the side dipstick under the carb. Nothing was coming from the breather plate behind the carb, only the dipstick. I pulled it out just a little to take a better look and it, and like a mosquito fogger. This is something I have never seen in my #1 149 that I have had for the last 25 tears. I am open to your thoughts on this. MY first thought is blow by from the rings. Not sure how the engine has been treated by all the PO’s. Looks like I may have to do a rebuild sooner than I wanted. Thanks to all for any advice you give.

I have some more questions on the 982 front end swap, first, i can only guess that the tie rods are different than those on my 149, second, will the axle fit in the frame without mods/can it use the same axle pivot pin, and third, when the front end is finally all done, will it improve turning radius at all...?
thanks Glen

I am looking to add suitcase weights to the front of my 149 I have an extra mule drive any pictures or ideas on how to complete this?
Thanks

John, my 149 did the same thing before the breakdown, and it would even blow the dipstick out sometimes, fogging me and everything around it with hot oil vapor... I figured that it was blowby, seeing as when my bore was miked out, it was .018 over from original bore diameter.
Hope this helps, Glen
Paul, look in the search feature, and you'll find some pics there, and i believe you can buy then on EPay. I'll look in my archives and see what i can do, if not, talk to Kraig, hes the master afterall.

Todd H,
I'm not very familiar with the x82 series, but did they all have battery ignitions? Doesn't yours have a replacement engine with a magneto?
If you have a magneto ignition engine in a tractor originally equipped with a battery ignition system, the wiring will need to be modified from original. The PO's rewiring was probably necessary.
I know there is a schematic for that conversion, but don't remember who posted it. Maybe Roland? Steve?

hey guys, looked in faq for the tire size on the 73 i'm about to start reconditioning, and all i can find are the 23x8.5(10.5)x12s. this thing has narrow rear tires. hope to post pics soon.

hey guys i am haveing problems with my 129. i think the pto in the front is tightening up my engine where it wont spin over. ican take a long srewdriver and turn it but its tight have any of you run into this?

Latest posts

Back