• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Les,
Unless the moderators have changed the rules, typically opinions on what something should cost are not expressed on the forum. You can get a good idea about what things cost by going to the want ads. Originals can range from free to over 1,000.00 depending on the condition. It's whatever you're willing to pay.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Les Hoover (Lhoover) on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 11:19 am:

What do you think is a fair price for a 1961 Original Cub Cadet? It runs and just needs some paint.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

"A discussion forum for IH Cub Cadet garden tractors. Absolutely no 'For Sale' or 'Wanted to Buy' posts and please no links to online selling sites (Ebay, businesses, etc.) Also no " . . . how much is my IH Cub Cadet worth . . ." posts. Your entire post will be deleted if these guidelines are not adhered to."

Watch out, Les, here come the Nuns!
bottom.gif

Well, I'm having a bear of time trying to get those last two set screws from the pto on the 71. There in there so darn hard I might have to drill them out carefully?

Any suggestions on tackling this bear?

Ray L: The IH tillers I have do not use the sleeve hitch adaptor, hence my question. Are you are talking about one of those self-powered things with a sleeve hitch which could use a sleeve hitch adaptor?? You aren't clear as to what tiller you are talking about. Please help us out a little.

Myron B

Guys, I have a question about the fuel valve, shut off on my IH 782. It leaks when in both the open and closed position. I removed the tank last night to inspect. Found the rubber bushing between the tank and valve to have very small cracks, but not to the point of falling apart. What most commonly goes wrong in this area?? Is it the valve or the rubber bushing??? Should I go ahead and replace both?? Took a look up above in parts look up and valve about 11 bucks and bushing bout 4 bucks. My question is what is the easiest way to remove the shut off valve and bushing?? I tried a little last night but did not want to force it and possibly do damage to the plastic tank. Just need to know what the "tricks of the trade" are for removing this valve?? Thanks in advance!! Terry

Finally got the Turbo system hooked up need to put a plow in the ground and dial it in on Sunday.Whistles and has boost]
56164.jpg

56165.jpg

56166.jpg

Terry G: Replace both!! To remove just pull the cut-off valve out of the neoprene (not rubber) bushing. There is a sealing lip on the valve inlet inside the tank so it will resist removal but it will come out. Then the neoprene grommet can be easily removed. Installation is the reverse. First the neoprene grommet, then press in the cut-off valve. HOT TIP: A little MMO on it will make it go in much easier.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Michael Masheris: Quickly edit your post and put a carriage return between photos...My monitor isn't 17 feet wide....
bubbly.gif

Myron B

Give me a break. I am not trying to sell a Cub Cadet on this precious forum. I was trying to determine a value of a cub cadet that I have ALREADY bought. I am trying to determine a fair value of one before I do anything to it and then a value of the cub cadet after I have painted it. I usuall deal in fullsize tractors this is my first cub cadet trying to determine values. I thought this was suppose to be a helpful forum for cub cadet fans. This is my first cub cadet. Your attitude makes it want to be my last and go back to full size tractors. You don't have to be a **** about it.

HELP!!! Can anyone help me with a clutch problem on my 1962 cub original? I think I must be putting things back together in the wrong order. It just will not release.

You all must do things different on little tractors because in the big world of JD, Farmall, Allis and so on. We discuss what we think tractors are worth all the time. What is the big deal? Tractoring is suppose to be fun, not a dictarship. It would be different if it wasn't about tractors or foul language or something. Value of a tractor is part of being a collector which is what I am. I do this because I enjoy tractors.

I'm with you Les. If you can't ask what it's worth here, where can you ask?

Everyone here is a guest in OUR house. OUR house has rules. Period.

If you don't like OUR rules, you know where the door is. Keep it up and I'll be sure to help you find it permanently. Capisce?

Les and Kerry:
The guy that owns the site and pays the bills makes the rules. I read 'em and accepted them when I applied for access. If you want to set up an appraisal website, I'm sure that there are web hosting sites that will even help you do your web pages..
smile.gif

(edit) Sorry Bryan, I just dropped by on the way out the door and hadn't seen anything from Digger or you...

Kendell -

NP - good to know folks are keeping an eye out. Well said.

I go play for a while and a cat fight breaks out?
censored.gif
biggrin.gif

If anyone has a problem with the rules and suggestions listed above, Feel free to email me!

Myron,
I have a #2 IH tiller that attaches to the rear of my 147. The bracket where the gear box is is located attaches to the rear of the trans axle. Supposedly, the standard size hitch adapter that you would use for a brinly plow needs to be replaced with a bigger adapter if you want to use ground engaging implements.

Latest posts

Back