• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1864 Cadet PTO Clutch bearing R and R

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean Eechaute

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I just could not stomach what Cub Cadet wants for a replacement PTO clutch assy (the early clutch assy that requires adjustment). About the only thing I find that goes bad on mine is the sealed bearing that rides on the PTO pulley. Bearing starts locking up and you can not turn the mower blades off. I could never find the part number that is shown on the stock Warner adjustable assy. The bearing is a NSK 6206DU8. I had at one time had to change the tumbler bearings on our old front loader clothes washer and found one of those bearings was a NSK6206DDU. I thought I recognized it and found it to be a perfect match to the PTO pulley bearing. Well last week I noticed my PTO was starting to spin again without engaging the PTO. Sure enough that bearing was locking up. Found the 6206DDU bearing on Amazon for about $20. Got a couple of them and just finished putting everything back together again. Runs as advertised. Not sure if these replacement bearings will be as heat tolerant as the 6206DU8 bearings but for $20 and a little labor it was well worth trying. When I found this bearing on Amazon many of the comments showed they used this bearing for PTO clutches. Fingers crossed. Dean

BTW the Warner PTU air gap is .020 Found it adjusted most accurately once the PTO assy was reassembled and back on the front of the engine.

I've used many 6206 double sealed bearings off of E-bay and never had an issue. I think the ones I have purchase were a little less than $25 for a sleeve of 10.

Back