• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie,
and I was working hard at being real nice. . .

Charlie-
If we're OK with the rules, but we have a problem with one (or both) of the moderators, can we still email you?
clown.gif

Hey Art!
I used that spring harrow that I bought from you the other day!

One more comment - I've never thought of what the value of my "little tractor" is - I'd never sell it ("Honey - the grave better be big enough for me <u>and</u> the 129......where I'm probably going, I'll need it")

Bryan - Glad you caught that. Since I read from the bottom up I 'bout exploded when I seen his two post on the subject, then I got to your post and calmed down. His second post should have been the door slam though ... and I'm in the same state if he wants to contact me about it.

Michael - KOOL! Get us an mp3 so we can hear it !!

Digger - You left yesterday and the flowers bloomed , today the you left again and see what happened ! You better stay home
lurking.gif

Ray L:

1) Once you put the gear box with bracket on, no additional pieces are needed for the tiller (the lift bar & pin are used but they are already there as required for tiller installment.
2) If you wish to leave the gearbox installed and still use a sleeve hitch adaptor, only a lower "fixed" bracket need be installed on the bottom of the gear box bracket for an adaptor to be put on the tractor.
3) There is, out there, a third party heavier duty lower bracket with double wings on each side that can be substituted if the owner desires such an option.
4) Because the gear box extends the distance from the rear of tractor a longer lift bar pin probably should be used (I would)if a sleeve hitch adaptor is also installed.
5) The standard draw bar is installed in normal fashion on the bottom of the gear box bracket, with the lower bracket behind it, for items that need it like trailers or yard sweepers, etc.
6) I may learn something new, but to my knowledge no "heavier duty" sleeve hitch adaptor is needed. The sleeve hitch adaptor does require the use of the lower bracket as the lower two points and the lift bar pin as the upper & third lift point.

Myron B

"What is a cub worth"

That's actually a very complicated question. There are allot of factors to take under consideration. Model, quality of paint, amount of wear on the parts, did the previous owner change the oil regularly? Then there is the location. The further away from my house the less I would pay. If I had to drive 12 hours to get a cub I might need to stay over night and pay for $80 in gas. That would lower the value by $200 not to mention my time on the road.

Another thing to remember is one man's treasure is another man's junk. I would pay more for a 147 than I would for a 125. You couldn't give me a 125. Personally I don't see the attraction.

As you can see the question in question, is not that easy to answer. So, instead of getting into a heated debate on who would spend what on what, our friendly owners and moderators decided to avoid those debates by having a simple rule.

Don't let a little rule discourage you from having fun and asking all other kinds of questions. Like what kind of oil should I put in my Hydro.
thumbsup_old.gif

Latest posts

Back