• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 01, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Group, what's the thread/size of the nipple on my 124 fuel tank? Thanks

David

Any suggestions on a Hvlp/lvlp paint gun? That won't break the bank! I'm gonna do a restore on my 124 later on this year... I don't like the Rat-L-Can performance. Thanks!}

David, don't quote me but I believe the nipple on the fuel tank is 1/8" NPT thread. You should be able to figure it out via this chart:

304065.jpg

EDIT: Doug beat me.
happy.gif

Attachments

• 304065.jpg
    304065.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 144
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 148
  • 304065.jpg
    304065.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 136
The throttle cable on my Original needs to be replaced. I was able to remove the wire from the metal casing. Anyone know of a universal cable where either the wire will fit the original metal casing or a new one that will screw into the throttle lever. thanks in advance..Joe

Robert C,

Your question about your Single Hole Brinly Adapter/Implements, and how to keep them in "check" when the implement is raised off of, or out of the ground.

I just went through this same dilemma, as we've had this type of adapter and 1 bottom plow for over 40 years. We have the "Y" shaped adapter, and the plow only has one hole in the draw-bar on the front of the plow. When the plow was raised it would fall over into the left rear tire and get hooked in the chain (we didn't have ags). After some discussion on here, I discovered we had been missing a part for the last 40 years.....

304069.jpg

If you look in this picture, you can see the plow is standing straight out, like it should be.

304070.jpg

In this picture, see the 2 freshly painted rectangle pieces with the 2 carriage bolts through them, this is the part we were missing. This piece clamps the plow "C" to the bottom of the "Y" so it doesn't swing back and forth.

The top picture is the first time this plow has ever stood out straight, on its own, since we bought it in the mid 70's..... This is what you will need to keep the implement in-place when raised out of the ground.

Attachments

• 304069.jpg
    304069.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 304070.jpg
    304070.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 304069.jpg
    304069.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 304070.jpg
    304070.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 137
Scott, Robert C., here's a link to a discussion we had here a few years back on the stabilizers. Note there are two archived pages on the thread so be sure to check those pages out as well.

Brinley CC 501 Hitch Stabilizers

EDIT: After a closer look, I see Scott was in on that discussion.
happy.gif

Art Aytay and I made up a couple sets of reproduction CC 501 Hitch Stabilizers, here's a photo of the one I kept for myself.

304075.jpg

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 132
  • 304075.jpg
    304075.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 304075.jpg
    304075.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 146
Kraig,

That thread is where I learned about the stabilizer kit. I bought the set in the picture from a member here. I had planned on making a set, and I had a couple of people come to me and ask if I could make them a garden in some virgin ground...... in the next couple of weeks. I bought this set had have been more than pleased with their performance.

Also, following the 2 sets of instructions in the FAQ's, I have also adjusted the plow correctly. (I used the "jack it up and put it on blocks method") and it was WAY out of adjustment. I have the tail of the plow about 1/2" off the floor, and now it will dig in and plow like it should. I needed a helper for the first few passes as the moldboard was a bit "dirty" as it had been a few years since I had plowed a garden. Once I got 5 or 6 passes and the plowshare was nice an shiny, if I had a helper, it would bury the plow to the point I would hi-center and not be able to pull it, the furrow was so deep. Took the next pass solo, and it made a nice 5 or 6 inch deep furrow and performed like I've seen on the plow day videos......

-Hydroharry-

As Far as the "marks it spot" I don't recall reading anything about that in the Research I did before Purchasing my First IH Cub Cadet. I will look that Up, haven't Noticed or seen any Leaks at All so Far!
This is What I Had when I finally got a Chance to Open it Up,,,
I Actually Mowed Grass w/ it in condition it was Purchased Last Weekend!!!
I Did Notice Tractor would Slow going Up Hill, and Speed up Down Hill. I'm Hoping the Trunion Repair will Fix That.

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

I Knew that Metal Tape and Pencil Eraser would Come in Handy, LoL

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

And FINALLY I got a Chance to See what I Had!!!

board-post.pl

Also had a Time Getting the Siezed Brake Pivot Out,
Got that all Cleaned Up!

board-post.pl

As Far as The Deck Goes it is the 44 you Mentioned, Although I Prefer the Earlier More Triangular Deck, just for Appearance and Styling more than Anything as I'm Not Familiar with IH Cub Cadets other than the Little Research I've done before this Purchase!!!

This 149 is Going to Work, Restoration Maybe when Kids Graduate College here in the Next few years but for now this Tractor is Gonna Pull, Push, and Dig!!!

Back