• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 24, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whatever you want to pay is what it comes down to. i have seen them go for MORE than $350. i wouldnt pay more than $200. just my 0.02

So we're now doing appraisals?
bash.gif

Kraig, do you have a diagram like that for brakes on a 147? I looked at the parts diagram. Mine has washers in it that I dont think are supposed to be there...
nutbags.gif

M Smith Talking about dollar amounts is kinda a no no here, any IH cub stuff is worth only what a person is willing to pay, it comes down to will you use the item enough to justify cost.
If you want to know the going rate call or email one of the sponser above they may be able to give you a better value answer.
Now on topic I put the gear box and tillar on the 149 yesterday and going to do mule drive and belts today.
Now for a question, does the spring assist help with a snow blower or mainly just the rear implements

I did consider making that post go
poof.gif
especially after the other day when I deleted 3 of my own posts and one of Charlie's. Power corrupts ya know.
icon_eek.gif
help.gif

timothy teague
I add washers to the brakes on my 147 between part 10 and 13. I found that the spring got caught sometimes and the washer just made it work better without getting jamed. Morning all, when on a hunt for autolite 26 plugs and came home without them.no one stocks them local.

RICHARD C. - I know what your saying.....there's some forums I just won't go to.

MAN, the last couple days have been SO nice I have this burning desire to hook the M or Super H up to a plow and burn a couple tanks of gas. Problem is 45 yrs ago that tank of gas was worth maybe FOUR Dollars. Now days it's worth $50-$60. I think LUTHER has the right idea!

Hello guys, got some tire questions… upgrading tires (got rears coming already, talk about them later) and for fronts I need something better for snow / garden plowing / and just plain lawn mowing since the turfs seem to just slide all over and tear up the grass as it is (mostly in the hilly spots).

What I really wanted was one of those V61 multi rib tires they seem to have the best reviews (I did do a lot of searching) but the usual place that seemed to come up was miller tire and they seem to be out of the 16/6.5x8. So second choice is a 3-rib, and the only one they have in that size is the firestone and I thought I read about them having the biggest center lug and not very well balanced. Can someone say that for sure? Are there better brands of 3-rib tires (or 4/5 rib), just something that will steer better than these turfs that are merely a steering suggestion?!?

I’d like to put bigger rims/tires on one tractor but don’t have money for that much of an upgrade now, and I want to keep this one mower deck friendly, and from my measurements I got only about 2” or slightly less between the turfs on it now and the deck at the closest spot.

Charlie and Kraig,
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help!
worthy.gif

Staying up too long working on my 70 and hard hours at work have done me in. I'm going to bed and rest so maybe I can get a lot done on the 70 tomorrow and Saturday. Night all.

TRISTAN - I'd wait for Miller to get in the next batch of V61's. I like Firestone tires but I don't really care for their huge middle rib on their 16-6.50's.

I've got Titan Multi-Trac G/S's on the frt of my 982, 18-8.50 x 8's, it steers on grass O-K, I'm sure they make a 16-6.50 for your wheels, they'd work fine for mowing & plowing. Not sure how it would handle pushing snow.

187313.png

I’m wanting to add rear fenders and PTO to my Original Cub Cadet. Are there any holes or slots that have to be added to the fender mount (#6) for the PTO engaging lever? If there are any does anyone have the dimensions? A picture would also be great.
Thanks in advance Dave

Thanks kraig and don. Thats where the washers are. Between 10 and 13. So Ill leave them in.

Tristan Stewart
You do not have to buy from miller tire, Goggle v61s and see what you get. There is one supplier for V61 in the USA .Under $48 tubes $8.00 shipping , flat rate. I live in Canada And had 2 tires and tubes deliverde to my door for $108.23 . I was happy when I used them. A nice tire, nothing I have used will steer a blade full of wet snow.lol Love to hear a good working K snort.........

Dennis Frisk

I have a set of tri ribs on my 100 and I can push the front end with all tires( wet),The tri ribs are a great running , smooth realy and will steer if they are clean.And I think they look (cool) to me
thumbsup_old.gif

Latest posts

Back