• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 21, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been awhile since I visited. i've always been looking for the values of the 1x9 series back in teh early 70s. I've kept an eye out for original sales receipts of any of these. especially the 169-would like to see one or at least know what they were going for. I also have a question about the throttle cable. keeps slipping and idling down. and someone said to put a bend/kink in it at some point along it to help with that...but don't know where

Art -

Thanks for the wood pix, and of the ol' Cub Cave!

Kendell's even got a yellow/white Chain saw! Sure has a REALLY long bar on it too!

Dennis:
That's the backup saw (the Husky's still the workhorse).. Believe it or not, those are 18" bars..(for reference the milk crate is centered on the trailer tongue).

Charlie - I see my pics are now stacked instead of "cubed". I did that on purpose - since I made 'em 320 pixels wide, two fit on a line......guess I'm just a bad example for the kids...
shame.gif

Marty, nice progress!
greenthumb.gif

Kendell, if ya want 'em cubed, and don't want Charlie to stack them, you could have pasted them into one image file.
wink.gif

I was cutting wood on Saturday as well, with my trusty Husky. I still need to split and stack the firewood, but I have plenty more to cut up before I haul out the splitter. No Cub activity. I did think about getting the Original out for some play time though.
happy.gif

187133.jpg

KRAIG - I talked to My Buddy yesterday. He saw a big orange O/T tractor sell at a consignment sale Friday, similar to your's, $2700 and they couldn't get it started!

ANYHOW, now that our new snow is gone....I have to get something ready to mow grass with. Darn stuff is starting to turn green!

bash.gif

Rain for the next few days so the weather guesser says.I think that will give me some time to work on my Original.lots to sand and paint .Have a great day all

Steve S,
The truss head screws were used in the rear holes of the mount, a hex head bolt was used in the front hole. The bolt was installed from the inside of the grill casting/frame with a nut on the outside of the frame. The truss head was used in the rear hole for tire clearance because when the wheels are turned fully and the axle pivoted, the front tire can/would rub on a hex head bolt. There was a "mounting clip" used with the CW36 snow thrower that was a flat bar with a hole in one end and a stub"bolt/rod" welded to the other end. The stub fit in the fron hole and the truss bolt in the rear hole. Made it a lot easier to mount something not having to install the front hexbolt/nut. I think I have a pair of them and if I can find them I will post a picture......unless Kraig does so first.

Here's the clip that Paul is referring to for use in the CW36 snowthrower (however it can be used with mower mule drives or other bolt on front attachments):

187140.jpg

Somewhere I have photos of a clip that someone reproduced, might have been Scott Harris. I'll have to see if I can dig that up.

I havent had time to open them up and measure but does anyone know is the drive line measurements the same between a 128 and a 1200?
what i want to do is swap the two around as i want to put my creeper from the 1200 on the 128 without spending any or to much$$$

Latest posts

Back